• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol, it’s all about the official record books for our region.

Jet traffic apparently does not impact rain totals in June!

I understand.

However...the airport is 20 minutes up the road from me. Today they received over 4X the amount of rain that I did. That fact does not make me feel any better about what fell in my yard. I got nowhere near the "official" amount.

Honest question - if we get a snowstorm this winter and MDT got 16" and you got 3", would you be happy?

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I understand.

However...the airport is 20 minutes up the road from me. Today they received over 4X the amount of rain that I did. That fact does not make me feel any better about what fell in my yard. I got nowhere near the "official" amount.

Honest question - if we get a snowstorm this winter and MDT got 16" and you got 3", would you be happy?

Lol, snow is serious business, so I might just jump in the Susquehanna if that ever happens!

Both the GFS and CMC continue to suggest the drought will be over with in 10-14 days.  Unfortunately, most of it is in the 6-14 day range.   The rain tomorrow and Thursday Night/Friday is on the lighter side model wise.   The coming holiday Monday still looks wet.   The farmers here really need it.  Getting close to drop dead time for their crops. 

• Sad 1

We ended up with 1.97" of much needed rain in the bucket from yesterday's storm! That was the most rain in a single day so far in 2023. It also is the most daily rainfall since back on September 7th last year when we received 2.59" of rain. While we are now above normal for rainfall in June we are still have a rainfall deficit of 6.46". A beautiful day today with slightly below normal temps before a chance of a little more rain tomorrow before drying out on Thursday.
Records for today: High 96 (1902) / Low 42 (1907) / Rain 2.48" (1939)
image.png.21f6fe33b3ec75df180a4b100733bf44.png
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

What's the chances one part of our forum is complaining about drought while another flooding come July?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

You'd like to think that things even out over time but in truth, it doesn't always work out that way. Really hard to say at this point. 

This time of year though can be especially cruel - several years ago in late August, Mount Joy received over 10" of rain in a few hours. I recorded 6.16" in Maytown. My wife and I were at Hersheypark that day and it never rained. So, it absolutely can flood in areas while other areas remained parched. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You'd like to think that things even out over time but in truth, it doesn't always work out that way. Really hard to say at this point. 

This time of year though can be especially cruel - several years ago in late August, Mount Joy received over 10" of rain in a few hours. I recorded 6.16" in Maytown. My wife and I were at Hersheypark that day and it never rained. So, it absolutely can flood in areas while other areas remained parched. 

Plus, I am not sure complaining is the right word for today, just ob's and comments on their effects.    On the not complaining scale, today is a Chamber Day right now.   Breezy, sunny and not at all hot.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Plus, I am not sure complaining is the right word for today, just ob's and comments on their effects.    On the not complaining scale, today is a Chamber Day right now.   Breezy, sunny and not at all hot.

It really is - perfect day out there! (and another day without excessive heat) 

• Like 2