Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

22 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

That activity coming out of New Castle County NE Maryland Heading right for Delaware County that would be serious flooding if it holds together. Kamu Country and Media get ready.

Yeah it's about a 10 on the scale, not much wind, but I counted 20 lightning flashes in 24 seconds, awesome light show! Also about .60" of rain with more to come it looks like.

Whoa, just had a ctg strike behind us with the thunder almost simultaneous with the flash. Also wind picking up a bit.

What a storm!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Yeah it's about a 10 on the scale, not much wind, but I counted 20 lightning flashes in 24 seconds, awesome light show! Also about .60" of rain with more to come it looks like.

Whoa, just had a ctg strike behind us with the thunder almost simultaneous with the flash. Also wind picking up a bit.

What a storm!

I am going to check the gauge.  I was at .50" before that batch cannot go out yet the lightning is really off the charts.  We had winds past 45 mph here blowing from the west as the storm was pushing through at its peak not sure how I didn't lose a tree or two.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

I am going to check the gauge.  I was at .50" before that batch cannot go out yet the lightning is really off the charts.  We had winds past 45 mph here blowing from the west as the storm was pushing through at its peak not sure how I didn't lose a tree or two.

Yeah it's still going here. Been a long long time since I've experienced one of these (what seems like) evening long thunderstorms. We've been on the porch enjoying it for the duration.

X marks the spot, especially for Birds~69. Pretty cool all in all!

Screenshot_20230626-224422_copy_1270x978_copy_428x329.png.5a935770a92879a36c2196d0d043e590.png

Total thus far is .75 in of rain today in western lehigh county. Not a drought buster but better than nothing. The garden and lawns are loving it but the streams will rise for a few hours and then drop again. The ground is no where near saturation thats for sure. Another round incoming, maybe this can round can put me over an inch of precip for today.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Armageddon has arrived, completely with wall to wall fireworks and 3" - 4"/hr rainfall.  Currently up to 1.46" of rain so far today at post time (almost 1" with round 3 alone).

Temp 66 and dp 66.

kdix_20230627_0248_BR_0.5.png

Been watching the full scale artillery barrage on lightning maps and figured you were under the gun.

Wonder if those tanks being spotted in Philly let off some rounds under cover of the storm that would just be too damn cool

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Wish I could check the rain gauge torrential here since 10:25 pm.  The lightning is just too dangerous to go out.  Seeing 16 thousand plus without power most in Delaware County.  I am understanding that Springfield Delaware County was hit especially hard but it was pretty bad here in Media as well. 

From this round of storms we've gotten about 1.20", so not over the top, but added to earlier we're over 2 inches for the evening.

• Like 1

We picked up another 1.51" of rain here in East Nantmeal Township with 1.45" falling over the last couple of hours with the thunderstorms. There is still some additional storms in the area. We have picked up 3.07" of rain over the last 2 days with now 7.09" of rain falling just during the last 15 days. With the 7.32" so far here in June we are now up to 86% of normal rain (3.24" below normal) for the year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1