• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 General Discussion

Spartman

Shit like this makes me think the Air Quality Alert issuance decision should be given to the NWS and taken away from the state idiots. 
Since that's what the 2nd paragraph of their statement implies, and they apparently only see their role as alerting sensitive groups, I tend to agree. Behind the scenes, there's bureaucratic stuff with IDEM that we've had to sort out, but they've been very proactive in putting out AQAs, just like all the other state EPAs have been in this stretch, with the exception of the IL EPA.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

Pretty smokey here in Hillsdale, staying inside cause of my lung condition, don't feel like ending up in the hospital lmao

Definitely would do the same. I’m watching it slowly get more hazy. Very unhealthy readings in port huron now. Told my son to stay inside because of his breathing

30 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Since that's what the 2nd paragraph of their statement implies, and they apparently only see their role as alerting sensitive groups, I tend to agree. Behind the scenes, there's bureaucratic stuff with IDEM that we've had to sort out, but they've been very proactive in putting out AQAs, just like all the other state EPAs have been in this stretch, with the exception of the IL EPA.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Yep, 90 degree with some ozone and you better shout it from the rooftops. Smoke so thick its blocking the sun? Nah. Leave it to IL government to fuck up something so simple. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CheeselandSkies said:

AQI 186 at Madison according to my phone. Worst I've ever seen. Can smell that "burnt plastic," too and my nose isn't very sensitive so if I can smell it it's bad.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

176 here in Royal Oak MI. Can smell it as well and I know it’s not the downed power lines I’m working by atm

• Like 1