• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

I am somebody whose mood is entirely influenced by the weather. I love summer because it's usually sunny. But we need rain. I don't remember the last time it rained around here. The sky looked promising a little while ago but it was just moving about its life.

10 day looks alright here for some chances, but I don't know. May be holding a viking funeral for the worms by the end of the month.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Wow, this is an impressive pall of smoke tomorrow - keeps intensifying on the models. Which makes sense the earlier runs saw only the existing fires, and didn't factor in additional fires breaking out in the extreme conditions today. Now showing a widespread area of dense smoke with surface visibilities under a mile, perhaps locally under 1/2 of a mile. Looks like a potentially dangerous situation on portions of the New York State thruway.

vis_full_sfc_f018.png

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Drops headed there now maybe? 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Drops...wife said if she wasn't outside she would have had no idea it rained. Did not make the driveway wet. 

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A solid little downpour, gusty winds, and a few stout rumbles up here in Harrisburg. Looks like we are getting screwed back at home yet again. 

My wife...

So, my earlier report from her was that we got "drops" - which, to her credit was accurate at the time she sent me that text. She never did follow up with a 2nd text to tell me that it rained shortly after message #1 to the tune of .11". 

Thanks, honey. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My wife...

So, my earlier report from her was that we got "drops" - which, to her credit was accurate at the time she sent me that text. She never did follow up with a 2nd text to tell me that it rained shortly after message #1 to the tune of .11". 

Thanks, honey. 

Off the schneid.  Fire up the mower. 

8 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

So when is worst smoke and air quality going to be for Harrisburg?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Tomorrow evening most likely, the HRRR has some very thick smoke around sunset tomorrow

image.thumb.png.16907f77ecfe92ce61cca659a2d6e970.png

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

Overnight tonight

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

There will definitely be smoke coming through tonight. It might linger into the morning. It won't be as bad as tomorrow evening though. You can see it on the visible satellite moving south from New York

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Glad to see USA flags there!   Interesting one of your neighbors had a roof squabble and one went with metal and the other shingle. 

Yeah, not everyone agrees on roofs and siding. The pitfalls of living in a half double.

• Like 1