Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/10 and beyond... all the waves threats

mappy

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The high is also positioned further west which will be helpful later on 

That's one thing that has stood out to me. It's plainly obvious (and sensical) that when the High is further west, we get a better feed of cold air and simply a better alignment of all features to help this thing run the coast rather than cut inland.

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

through 150 I still like 12z better than 6z.  High is back over IN vs already over MD last run.  Storm is slightly slower getting going but SS wave is more amplified and the NS flow over the northeast has a lot more confluence.  Money frames are coming up though...

PSU doing pbp? March is a strange month :lol:

through 150 I still like 12z better than 6z.  High is back over IN vs already over MD last run.  Storm is slightly slower getting going but SS wave is more amplified and the NS flow over the northeast has a lot more confluence.  Money frames are coming up though...

Main wave a little slower hurts, but I’ll take the upgrades with the HP/confluence over shortwave which will change. If this run had a more organized shortwave like 6z would have been a monster I think. Might be a little sloppy here

3 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Main wave a little slower hurts, but I’ll take the upgrades with the HP/confluence over shortwave which will change. If this run had a more organized shortwave like 6z would have been a monster I think. Might be a little sloppy here

It looks like its coming up now...but the 12-18 hours slower is offsetting a lot of the improvements up top from 6z.  But then again 6z was a huge win so...that balancing act isnt necessarily a bad thing.  But yea if the SS wave had the same timing as 6z this would have been a monster run.  

• Like 1

It's taking too long... flow ahead of the next main pac wave is starting to erode the cold.  Storm could also end up suppressed...but this was close enough to a monster solution (the only kind that can work for us really) that I am fine with it.  If that SS wave was 12 hours faster and slightly more amped it would have been the exact result we wanted.   

• Like 1

It looks like its coming up now...but the 12-18 hours slower is offsetting a lot of the improvements up top from 6z.  But then again 6z was a huge win so...that balancing act isnt necessarily a bad thing.  But yea if the SS wave had the same timing as 6z this would have been a monster run.  

Yea, damn close and honestly where we want it at this range anyway. I’d like to see cmc or euro take a step towards this today
f2211c11196c3dfb96596a2d3e193e3f.jpg

• Like 2

It's taking too long... flow ahead of the next main pac wave is starting to erode the cold.  Storm could also end up suppressed...but this was close enough to a monster solution (the only kind that can work for us really) that I am fine with it.  If that SS wave was 12 hours faster and slightly more amped it would have been the exact result we wanted.   

Canadian improved??
8257c898d0f86d37e68c8765168dfd18.jpg

19 minutes ago, DeeDeeHCue said:

Buries Atlanta then into Charlotte by 183, enters southern Va strong at 189

heavy snow just south of Richmond at 195

but then a rain storm for DC that disintegrates at 204 and out to sea.

damn

Sounds like the fecal cherry on top of this winter's sh*t sundae.

6 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

If 12 hours too slow, what is our window to have this speed up slightly to make it a flush hit? By say 120 hours etc?

It's not that simple... because we are also dealing with the timing of other features...its the play between the NS wave before and after the SS wave that matters also.  There is a window between the two where space is open for a SS wave.  If you slow down or speed up either of those NS waves it changes the window.  This run the SS wave was towards the very end of that window...but the bigger problem was it was too slow and not amplified enough...got caught under the flow and cut off down there.  

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic