Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Jesus go to Mammoth Village if you are that close.  They will get in 6 hrs 2 feet.

You reallyyyy.... Really really don't get how this works.... do you?  

I can go see 10 feet of snow anytime.  It's about having it WHERE you are from.  In your backyard.  I thought everyone on here had this mentality.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Reggie still looks like ka-ka.....Icon coming in decently east of 06z through 78h

What is the RGEM's domain region ?   I'm wondering since the N stream isn't relayed in just yet ( or is it? ) ?? 

They're supposed ( I thought ...haha) to be relayed by the global runs around there domain termini but I was told that on the fly at some point - seems reasonable but I don't know if that's fact.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I mean if the EURO follows the GFS/UK.

The only reason I am concerned is bc of the timing of that shift....(SW onshore).

All new data going into models. We'll see. Only caveat being I'm not sure I trust the 4 op runs of the globals either. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheSnowman said:

You reallyyyy.... Really really don't get how this works.... do you?  

I can go see 10 feet of snow anytime.  It's about having it WHERE you are from.  In your backyard.  I thought everyone on here had this mentality.  

No fucking way would I pay 500 bucks to travel home see 15 to 20 inches imby. Probably seen 3 dozen of those. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

All new data going into models. We'll see. Only caveat being I'm not sure I trust the 4 op runs of the globals either. 

All the other models were trending toward euro until that Ukie run which is a model known to have large jumps. I mostly want to see the ensmebles today…goal posts really aren’t narrow enough for OP runs to be super useful yet. 

Just now, Hoth said:

That gradient from zero to like 30” between BDL and Salisbury is hilarious. But it doesn’t matter. We all know our fate rests in the capable hands of the JMA. 

Hey been telling Pickles for a week to watch the JMA. He laughed me off but I think it's got the best handle 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

All the other models were trending toward euro until that Ukie run which is a model known to have large jumps. I mostly want to see the ensmebles today…goal posts really aren’t narrow enough for OP runs to be super useful yet. 

GEFS improved....I'm gonna draw up first call and just ice it if EURO poops in the bowl

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

GEM ensembles into Newport or so. 

2 hours ago, brooklynwx99 said:

the PNA ridge on the ICON is stronger though? it’s the southern stream energy that’s a bit weaker

76972C7C-55B0-4E79-919A-339166B46A8C.thumb.gif.6cb9278fc4c8de3f3257585ab2a9b3e9.gif

I'm behind ..and trying to catch up to the end of hall that seems to be running away like a nightmare... haha

but just as Will and I have been pointing out, this shows ... a little increase in that ridge ( more w-e than n-s but there is some of both ...) and the N stream is set upon a slightly farther E dive. 

very critical in a scenario with ass vomit polar rot for air massing

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Ignoring the GFS.

I honestly can't blame you ...

I don't normally condone 86ing inclusion of any model ... but I really keep coming back to the subtle progessive bias of the GFS, which is noted by NCEP et al, as being instrumental/most like why it it is consummately orchestrating this thing to shallower dynamics  - which of course feeds back negatively on all synoptics inherent to cyclogenesis.  It can't have deep dynamics and still be hell bent of stretching, so it takes some percentage away...