• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2023 OBS Thread

26 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Solid 75 IMBY with 57 and partly cloudy.  Heard someone nearby pull out the lawn mower.  :lol:

The guy across the street mowed last evening. I can tell my lawn is about to pop. These next 3 warm days should do it.

74F

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

The guy across the street mowed last evening. I can tell my lawn is about to pop. These next 3 warm days should do it.

74F

I was seeing some sites forecasting possible 80s Thursday.  Someone busted out a weed whacker too.  Now up to 76 with dp 57. Also partly sunny with lots of cumulus!

32 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Nice day!   Currently 78.6F but feels like 104.  

Had to fire up the central air a couple hours ago to cool it down in here since the fans were useless and I figured that it was a good time to test it out to make sure it was operating okay.

The warm front has been wavering in the area and it took a bit to get the temps here into the mid-60s vs yesterday's 77.  So far it has gotten as high as 67 after a low of 55 and it's currently partly sunny and 64 with dp 56.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 3:39 AM, BBasile said:

8 tornadoes with half of them being EF-2 or stronger?  With a sprinkle of 100 MPH straight-lines?   Yeah, we've got some kind of alley going on here.  

4-1-23...Tornadoes.jpg

I'd argue increasing average ocean temps, and our area's geographic relation to the ocean, could play a role in the increase of local tornadogenisis.   

Warmer ocean = warmer air flow off the ocean during common SE ridging = stronger interaction with approaching cold fronts = more extreme lift and chance for vorticity to develop along the front.

Does this sound right?  

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, ChasingFlakes said:

I'd argue increasing average ocean temps, and our area's geographic relation to the ocean, could play a role in the increase of local tornadogenisis.   

Warmer ocean = warmer air flow off the ocean during common SE ridging = stronger interaction with approaching cold fronts = more extreme lift and chance for vorticity to develop along the front.

Does this sound right?  

Well, I may agree in the warmer months however the latest tornado outbreak this was not the case it was pure dynamics.

The line moved towards the coast and made it with ocean water temps 43-49 degrees north to south.  

The latest severe weather event was the most interesting I have ever seen in my lifetime especially for April 1st.  No Joke!

I have never seen anything like this event for these reasons:

1.  The constant roar basically for 20-25 minutes it sounded like there was a jet plane 2,000 feet off the ground.

2.  The lightning was very unusual sideways lightning strikes that were red and orange??  

3.  I also saw lighting in perfect circles like they were rotating.  

With everything I stated above I would imagine the dynamics were off the chats and also it's not out of the question there was tornadic activity right above the surface if even it was a 500 to 1,000 feet off the ground.

A very unusual event there on Saturday, April 1st!

All of this happened in Media Delaware County

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I'm at Cape May Point and maybe in one of the better Southern zones for the severe threat later tonight. Looks like best convection will be just S across Lewes across to the Ocean. 

Stuff building...let's see where it goes?

82F....damn, if feels hot.

sb.jpg