Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 12-13 Severe and NWFS Event

fountainguy97

2 hours ago, Knoxtron said:

Yeah about 2100', radar isn't showing much over us even though it's still lightly snowing. Got a good dusting so far!

Stopped snowing around 8,  currently have about a 1/2 inch. Hoping the slug of moisture in middle Tennessee will make it here, currently 30.9° and very slowly dropping 

• Like 2

One more thing…. There’s been times when NW flow was so stout off the lakes that the moisture would bank up against the mountains and then back up into the valley. Not saying that will happen this time but the radar trends have expanded the up slope back NW to cover more of Blount and Sevier Co.

*yes, I’m wishful thinking*

• Like 3

RGEM and NAM really show totals racking up later this evening and into the overnight hours. I remember being in pigeon forge for the Christmas 2010 storm and we got 1-2 inches during the day on Christmas, but it hammered that night and we woke up to easily half a foot all over the place. 

• Like 4

Looks like MRX issued a SWS for most of East TN. Probably needed to issue something just incase it over performs in the valley areas.

ecial Weather Statement
National Weather Service Morristown TN
1027 AM EST Fri Jan 13 2023

TNZ036-037-067>069-071-073-086-140000-
Anderson-Union-Roane-Loudon-Knox-Northwest Blount-North Sevier-
Northwest Monroe-
Including the cities of Oak Ridge, Clinton, Maynardville,
Norris Lake, Paulette, Rose Hill, Sharps Chapel, Luttrell,
Harriman, Eagle Furnace, Rockwood, Bradbury, Fairview, Kingston,
Oliver Springs, Lenoir City, Loudon, Bearden, Knoxville,
Lake Forest, Happy Valley, Maryville, Alcoa, Harrisburg, Kodak,
McMahan, Sevierville, Seymour, Pigeon Forge, Sweetwater,
Madisonville, and Bullet Creek
1027 AM EST Fri Jan 13 2023

...Light Snow Showers Expected This Afternoon and Tonight...

Snow showers will increase in coverage today and continue through
the evening. Snow will taper off to flurries later tonight. Light
snowfall accumulations of around a dusting are expected at most
locations. Locally higher amounts up to 1 inch are possible for
places affected by the most persistent snow shower bands. If
traveling, slow down and allow extra time to reach your
destination. Use caution, especially on secondary and back roads
across the higher terrain.
  • Like 4

Stopped snowing around 8,  currently have about a 1/2 inch. Hoping the slug of moisture in middle Tennessee will make it here, currently 30.9° and very slowly dropping 

Most of the snow melted/evaporated away but in the last hour started moderately snowing tiny flakes again, got back to 1/2 inch. Temps steady at 30.7°

• Like 1

We’re in Nashville today and it’s absolutely ripping here right now! There’s nothing sticking here yet, but I’d say there was about 1/2in on the plateau around Monterey. Once we came off the mountain, into Cookeville and the rest of the way, there was only snow in the air. Too bad it’s not a little colder though. If it was, there would probably be 1-2in by now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

To give yall an update I've been hovering 33-34.5 all morning with fairly consistent light snowfall. Since noon though things have taken a surprising turn with temps now falling below 33 down to 32.7 while typing with some more moderate volleys of snowfall. As it stands so far I've collected a light dusting on raised surfaces!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Looks like radar returns should get here in the next 45 minutes and future radar seems to show them sticking around until tonight. I've often found in this situations in the last hour or so before dark things start to really pick up.

Also can be said there is sometimes a burst or period of light snow can be achieved right around daybreak.  At least I have noticed that here in the Tricities over the years.

• Like 3

Most of the snow melted/evaporated away but in the last hour started moderately snowing tiny flakes again, got back to 1/2 inch. Temps steady at 30.7°

Pouring snow/sleet for hours but accumulation comes and goes strangley enough. Prob the third 1/2 inch that's accumulated then dissappeared today lol

Temps steady 30.4°

• Like 2