• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historic Christmas Cold & maybe snow?! Dec 23rd-30th

Wurbus

OMG you can actually see the lake effect snow band from Wheeler Lake in Alabama! Curious how much snow that is
From yesterday
Smart-Select-20221224-081744-Chrome.jpg
Alabama Met James Spann posted on FB yesterday the area down wind had gotten about an inch of snow, but it was still snowing at that point from that lake effect band.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jaxjagman said:

Rollings blackouts started again,we just had ours

https://map.datacapable.com/i/nes/

Same here in Smyrna.  30 min. exactly.

It makes no sense with the technology we have in todays times.  What makes me mad is you have downtown bars & Titans stadium lit up all night.  Those are not necessities. Is an NFL game more important than senior citizens in their houses? Guaranteed the TVA ceo who got a $7 million salary did not do wo.  

• Like 2

Just now, Matthew70 said:

Exactly.  So a bar & NFL game is more important than heating peoples homes. 

Evidently yea; makes no sense to me I am sure all of that stuff was on all night long. Now, I can see it especially for the stadium, to turn it on around now for the game but come on, really. 

1 minute ago, matt9697 said:

Evidently yea; makes no sense to me I am sure all of that stuff was on all night long. Now, I can see it especially for the stadium, to turn it on around now for the game but come on, really. 

One would think during times like these.  The game would be canceled if the grid is strained.  Now think tonight how it will be further strained due to the cooking & whatever else has to happen at the game.  All those suites having to be heated even warmer.  It’s just a pile of poop. 

3 minutes ago, Matthew70 said:

One would think during times like these.  The game would be canceled if the grid is strained.  Now think tonight how it will be further strained due to the cooking & whatever else has to happen at the game.  All those suites having to be heated even warmer.  It’s just a pile of poop. 

According to the NES Facebook page, that area of Nashville is also subject to rolling blackouts, which, as I pointed out, is not the point of order. The question is, why when everyone has been asked to conserve power, why were so many business' and the stadium left all lit up all night to begin with? We are doing our part with the thermostat way down while others are needlessly burning through energy grr

• Like 3

Just a reminder.  If you have a space heater set in a room for pipes that might be vulnerable to the cold you might check them after a rolling blackout.  My heater is was set in my garage and the auto shut off does not turn back on after a power outage.  It had gotten very cold in the room very fast.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic