• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historic Christmas Cold & maybe snow?! Dec 23rd-30th

Wurbus

Hello neighbor!  I'm just south of Halls proper, nestled between Black Oak Ridge and Beaver Ridge in Hines Valley.  The roads are brined, I guess we will see how effective that is.
Hello there neighbor! Nice to meet you too! They brined the roads up here today also, I was hoping it will be effective enough to get out for work tomorrow...not that I really want to go in in this weather though, working outside some, yikes. Lol

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Have gusty SW wind here ATM, hopefully it's transporting lots of moisture up the valley to get trapped. Though for being gusty SW wind it sure is chilly.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Stepped out for firewood and was just thinking the same thing. First cold front I can remember in along while where we could say it has a cold wind in front of it! 

• Like 2

Stepped out for firewood and was just thinking the same thing. First cold front I can remember in along while where we could say it has a cold wind in front of it! 
That's exactly what I was doing loaded up as much wood I could in the house for tonight. Glad I have wood for secondary heat, feel sorry for folks without secondary heat if the power goes out and electric is their only heat. Think you are going to do well where you are. Fingers crossed downslope don't get me.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Greyhound said:

Where exactly is that? I can’t place it!! I’m guessing between PowellVolz and myself (in Ftn City)

You can check the weather station link in my signature, but my neighborhood is just to the east of the Weigles right as you enter Halls on north Broadway.  There are quite a few weather stations in the valleys and ridges around here on Weather Underground.  I forgot you're in Fountain City!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Hey, you staying up for the frontal passage?

I am! I have relocated this winter to Apison east of town at a higher elevation (around 1000’). Interested to see how cold we get. I do not expect any meaningful snow. I think what does manage to fall will get blown away. 

• Like 1

.UPDATE...
Issued at 629 PM CST Thu Dec 22 2022

Forecast generally on track and no changes will be made at this
time.

At 6 PM CST, the much ballyhooed cold front had reached northwest
Middle Tennessee with snow reported at Dover and CLarksville,
with temps slipping below 30. The front will continued to plow
across the area this evening, reaching Nashville shortly after 7
PM, and reaching the PLateu around 10 PM. Light rain showers out
ahead of the front will immediately change to swirling snow
showers with frontal passage. Upstream reports indicate some slick
elevated surfaces in West Tn with many areas having a light
coating ts snow. Farther back in southern Missouri, some 2 to 3
inch amounts have been reported, which may line up with
expectations along our northern border.

Prepare for rapidly falling temps, gusty winds, and reduced
visibility with snow showers. Slick travel is expected late this
evening, especially bridges and overpasses.
  • Like 4

You can check the weather station link in my signature, but my neighborhood is just to the east of the Weigles right as you enter Halls on north Broadway.  There are quite a few weather stations in the valleys and ridges around here on Weather Underground.  I forgot you're in Fountain City!
Pipeman! I was near your neck of the woods last weekend. We came up Friday through Monday and stayed near the top of Gatlinburg in Chalet Village. A little off topic , I know, but wanted to wish you and everyone on this forum a Merry Christmas!

Pro tip: I'm sure all you locals know this but the steak I had Friday at Conner's in Turkey Creek was one of the best restaurant steaks I've ever had. Carry on!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Pipeman! I was near your neck of the woods last weekend. We came up Friday through Monday and stayed near the top of Gatlinburg in Chalet Village. A little off topic , I know, but wanted to wish you and everyone on this forum a Merry Christmas!

Pro tip: I'm sure all you locals know this but the steak I had Friday at Conner's in Turkey Creek was one of the best restaurant steaks I've ever had. Carry on!! emoji318.pngemoji3052.pngemoji481.png

9 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Pro tip: I'm sure all you locals know this but the steak I had Friday at Conner's in Turkey Creek was one of the best restaurant steaks I've ever had. Carry on!! emoji318.pngemoji3052.pngemoji481.png

Merry Christmas!! Man do I love a good steak!

• Like 3

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic