Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

23 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Gone need to revisit the old hobby building model battle ships again like in the 70's only this time with Southern Comfort!

This is the only hobby I’m aware of that you have to approach expecting failure. What sort of morons would sign up for that??

4 minutes ago, Newman said:

FWIW, the NAM long range at hour 84 looks more like the GFS with the ejection of the PV into SE Canada

I thought just the opposite. Flatter with the ridge out West and tighter energy in W Canada...less escaping out in front towards 50/50. More ridging in the east connecting to the nao

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Looks like it is amping up too far West but whatever. I like the general idea thru 120 of sending a piece of the tpv out towards the 50/50 which is what we want.

Yeah early on it looked like it held serve, but the ridge out west shifted further west so it's amping up too soon.

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Gotta hand it to Red Sky albeit maybe a bit premature still. Usually cant go wrong siding with the least snowiest solutions.

The real kick in the junk is how once again we have all tellies lining up and may still end up with a rain storm. The times/clime have really changed...there is no getting past that.

Meh that was three days ago, hard to break an engrained cutter pattern many thought blocking would succeed.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Gotta hand it to Red Sky albeit maybe a bit premature still. Usually cant go wrong siding with the least snowiest solutions.

The real kick in the junk is how once again we have all tellies lining up and may still end up with a rain storm. The times/clime have really changed...there is no getting past that.

climate has of course not changed....climate cycles change and we have gone from a cold to a warmer and now I suspect we are trending into another colder cycle. We have been in a much snowier cycle during the last 2 decades....it will return again. Patience!

GFS has Jan 25, 2000 vibes with the frontrunner off the SE Coast. It has been trending slower. Have a hunch this morphs into one single entity that is a more organized and slower final system as the se coast energy waits for the upper level support to ignite the powder keg. Lake Superior solutions non existent at 0z thus far.

Eta: nm....cmc just said hold my beer....hammers Lake Superior. 

• Haha 1