• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

12Z GFS doubles down on a rainy second half of the weekend.... drives the coastal even farther west.   Definitely a large effect on Sun and Mon temps after an upper 60's/low 70's day Sat.   GFS still has those 75-80 late afternoon temps later in the week though in adding 3-5 on top of low 70's at 18Z.  Two nights it stays in the 60's which may be record worthy. 

CMC is not on the same page as the GFS and keeps the coastal farther away and has 7 days potentially over 70+ highs and one day in the 80's extrapolated.

• Like 1

above has some support from CMC/Icon in some sort, so it's not outside of the rhealm of possible ways to mute what many of us hope is the last warmth for a while.  Been showing up in different itterations, but may be growin some legs...if not....get your banana hammocks out for one last roastin.

Edit: and to not show bias....after looking a little deeper down the road, the GFS also wants to delay the front and has Wed,Thurs and into Friday on the warmish side.  I guess this will be our indian summer for some as they frosted yesterday and today.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Map showing most of northern tier and laurel highlands starting to fade. Central Pennsylvania and southwest corner will be at best color this week. The southeast is approaching best color.

People on the western fringe of the LSV, Fall Trailgating Weekend at Strawberry Hill.  If that low can hold off for Saturday it could be very nice near or low 70's with BBQ and Beer.  Michaux brewery will be supplying the beer.   @Itstrainingtime can you believe it is up to 72 in my house.  What the heck.   No heat. 

Trailgating is Strawberry Hill’s annual community event! The afternoon is full of family fun for all ages, with live music, food, games, children’s activities, nature crafts, a campfire, and live animals.

Free Admission

Featuring food and beer by: Antietam Dairy, Frontier BBQ, and Michaux Brewing Co.

Live music by the Brahman Noodles from 12:30-3:30pm.

Campfire, S’mores and storytelling (by Anne Griffith).

Cornhole Tournament…$5/team…and fun prizes!

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

People on the western fringe of the LSV, Fall Trailgating Weekend at Strawberry Hill.  If that low can hold off for Saturday it could be very nice near or low 70's with BBQ and Beer.  Michaux brewery will be supplying the beer.   @Itstrainingtime can you believe it is up to 72 in my house.  What the heck.   No heat. 

Trailgating is Strawberry Hill’s annual community event! The afternoon is full of family fun for all ages, with live music, food, games, children’s activities, nature crafts, a campfire, and live animals.

Free Admission

Featuring food and beer by: Antietam Dairy, Frontier BBQ, and Michaux Brewing Co.

Live music by the Brahman Noodles from 12:30-3:30pm.

Campfire, S’mores and storytelling (by Anne Griffith).

Cornhole Tournament…$5/team…and fun prizes!

The last time it was 72 in my house was 2 years ago when we lost power for 8 hours after a storm. I took my wife to Fuddrucker's for a burger and AC. LOL

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The last time it was 72 in my house was 2 years ago when we lost power for 8 hours after a storm. I took my wife to Fuddrucker's for a burger and AC. LOL

LOL.  I do not have the AC on either, so it is going where it wants.     It was 64 this Am.  Fuddruckers.  LOL, been so long since I was there but this did remind me of an interesting point from a previous topic...the Cracker Barrells near OC. Md/Lewes, De service beer!  

8 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Thursday morning was worse in my location. My truck is in driveway, not in garage so i had to defrost, not at all this morning.

Note to self-sell all the stuff so you can park inside garage as god intended 

It really seemed varied during this cold snap.  I had not gone below 36 until this AM but it was windy here almost nonstop until late yesterday afternoon.   Not at all crazy to see some people with frost tomorrow AM but then that is probably it frost wise for quite some time.    

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Growing season? 

I was wondering about that. Very little frost - car windows were, that's about it. Saw a lot more frost driving through town. On my way to work I had the coldest reading...not too surprising as my drive is almost entirely within a couple of hundred yards of the river. (and much of it is right along the river)

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was wondering about that. Very little frost - car windows were, that's about it. Saw a lot more frost driving through town. On my way to work I had the coldest reading...not too surprising as my drive is almost entirely within a couple of hundred yards of the river. (and much of it is right along the river)

If one believes the designation of 28 then you are good I think.   I covered up our veggies so we are good into Nov here.  The grass will certainly keep growing. 

• Like 1