Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

17 minutes ago, canderson said:

59 at 12:30. Off I’m several degrees lower than you, @Bubbler86  

Sun broke out here a bit earlier.  It is 66 now and near 70 a bit to my west.   Low to mid 70's redux today.   I just checked CXY and they are 64.  MDT 63.  On these days where there is a SW wind, I get fried being on the west side of the Mountain.   Going to be a perfect night for football in Philly. 

image.png.ca3cea0c77ad74d5a64c2044186e05c3.png

• Like 1

Scanned through several Mesos and the coldest night depicted as of 6Z is this Nam12 map for Thur AM or fairly similar (LSV Wise) Nam3 map for Wed AM.  Could be lots of 20 readings if this was to play out as shown.  Still not a hard freeze as the GHFS showed back 7-10 days ago but some cold nights. 

image.png.bc503638f531f2d71d957936b43cdb28.png

image.png.0c1f72cd9e93635d839d249610f6328c.png

• Like 1

@Itstrainingtime has not been around in a few days but here is MU's take for the next couple days since he is often mentioned here.

2/2 After reaching the low-to-mid 60s early this afternoon, temps should begin to fall late in the day. As much colder & drier air settles into the region behind the front, temps will plunge into the mid-to-upper 30s tonight & only rebound into the low-to-mid 50s tomorrow. Yikes!

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Itstrainingtime has not been around in a few days but here is MU's take for the next couple days since he is often mentioned here.

2/2 After reaching the low-to-mid 60s early this afternoon, temps should begin to fall late in the day. As much colder & drier air settles into the region behind the front, temps will plunge into the mid-to-upper 30s tonight & only rebound into the low-to-mid 50s tomorrow. Yikes!

Let the true fall weather begin. 

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

Looks like warmer dryer weather late in the week and weekend. :thumbsdown: 

It has been signaled for several days now.  I think of it this way.... today is just past mid fall (met) so probably some warmer stretches still to come.  Those highs on the GFS, extrapolated out from the 2PM temps, would be over 10 degrees AN in the low and mid 70's.   I remember sweating in my plastic Halloween costumes. 

Some lucky lottery winners in Lanco with rain showers moving through. 

• Like 1

Just out covering strawberries and other plants that will not like any freeze, even if just 30-31.  With the prospect of a warmer second half of Oct I want to save these guys as they may have some life left in them.   But feels good to be covering plants....that either means winter is almost here or winter is ending and this time it is the better one :-) 

• Like 1