e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
GL/MW/OV Jan 2011 Discussion

TheWeatherPimp

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry. After 2 weeks of blocking boredom, I'm sure another 984 low bisecting MN will come along and break up the monotony.

I'll explain later after i look at a bit more but personally i think we are about done with them for the rest of the winter. That does not include clippers dropping out of Canada though. Talking about what we have seen going back to late November.

Huh? Gonna assume you have not seen the 00z euro for later next week? :unsure:

That looks pretty impressive. Not often you see a non tropical 968 mb low off the coast of North Carolina.

Another phase Nor'easter event. The last two have wore me out. They are fun discussions though. This may get the SE crew interested.

Another phase Nor'easter event. The last two have wore me out. They are fun discussions though. This may get the SE crew interested.

Considering the current blocking is basically being blown to pieces my hunch is that this does not remain a se threat and or *just* a se threat. Keep in mind as well this is beyond day 8 and thus very likely to change as far as track etc goes. If i had to tag any system as the best candidate for a nw trend so far this would be it. Not saying it ends up here, MN etc but such a shift would not surprise me. All depends on timing/track with the northern and southern energy.

Count me among those who thinks the big ole block we had up till now is not returning for a while anyways. Thus i strongly suspect models are overdoing it with the southern stuff which is a common occurrence in La'Nina. Keep in mind too this is not northern energy diving south either as we have been seeing as the northern energy looks to remain further north thanks to less blocking now.

Even last winter ( which some are making comparisons to ) the block relaxed a bit in January and that was with a Nino and everything else that is usually good for blocking. Thus i highly doubt this winter exceeds that.

Ofcourse it could all end up being nothing. However i do think there is *some* potential for more up in this region etc. Something i would/will atleast keep a eye on the next several days. Other then that not really much except for maybe a weaker clipper or two which may fire up the LES a bit.

Considering the current blocking is basically being blown to pieces my hunch is that this does not remain a se threat and or *just* a se threat. Keep in mind as well this is beyond day 8 and thus very likely to change as far as track etc goes. If i had to tag any system as the best candidate for a nw trend so far this would be it. Not saying it ends up here, MN etc but such a shift would not surprise me. All depends on timing/track with the northern and southern energy.

Count me among those who thinks the big ole block we had up till now is not returning for a while anyways. Thus i strongly suspect models are overdoing it with the southern stuff which is a common occurrence in La'Nina. Keep in mind too this is not northern energy diving south either as we have been seeing as the northern energy looks to remain further north thanks to less blocking now.

Even last winter ( which some are making comparisons to ) the block relaxed a bit in January and that was with a Nino and everything else that is usually good for blocking. Thus i highly doubt this winter exceeds that.

Ofcourse it could all end up being nothing. However i do think there is *some* potential for more up in this region etc. Something i would/will atleast keep a eye on the next several days. Other then that not really much except for maybe a weaker clipper or two which may fire up the LES a bit.

Harry,

I hope you're right about the end of the big blocking. You and I have shared the same blocking donut hole this season and it's getting old. I don't think i can handle watching another clipper or waa event get bullied around us to the west and south. I'd rather have a warm lake cutter then that crap. First winter I ever recall seeing anything like we saw the last month and a half. Anyways, it's gonna be awesome outside today nearing 60. Hopefully this is reboot time and when the winter powers back on it's a whole new ball game.

Happy New Year All

Harry,

I hope you're right about the end of the big blocking. You and I have shared the same blocking donut hole this season and it's getting old. I don't think i can handle watching another clipper or waa event get bullied around us to the west and south. I'd rather have a warm lake cutter then that crap. First winter I ever recall seeing anything like we saw the last month and a half. Anyways, it's gonna be awesome outside today nearing 60. Hopefully this is reboot time and when the winter powers back on it's a whole new ball game.

Happy New Year All

i thought the blocking was good for you...

didnt you have a great second half of the winter last yr?

well at least a lot of the mid south and i thought lower OV did too.

[

I hope it phases earlier for once. So much has to go right phasing. You have to get lucky.

Archived