• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2022

bluewave

Somerset County at 98° now with the wind shift from N to WSW.

https://www.njweather.org/data/5min/3572

Hillsborough-Duke
NJ 2022-07-23 13:10 Mesonet 98 62 31 30.01 0.00 9 WSW 13 WSW
Hillsborough-Duke
NJ 2022-07-23 13:05 Mesonet 97 60 29 30.01 0.00 6 WNW 10 WNW
Hillsborough-Duke
NJ 2022-07-23 13:00 Mesonet 96 60 31 30.01 0.00 8 W 10 N
Hillsborough-Duke
NJ 2022-07-23 12:55 Mesonet 95 63 34 30.01 0.00 8 NNW 11 N
Hillsborough-Duke
NJ 2022-07-23 12:50 Mesonet 94 61 34 30.01 0.00 7 N 13 NNW

5 minutes ago, binbisso said:

I thought heat advisories were for heat indices  Above 95゚ for 3 hours or more.  Central Park laguardia and Newark didn't hit that yesterday and will be hard to reach that today with dew points mixing out now.

They said criteria would be borderline and would leave the advisories as is. 

11 minutes ago, binbisso said:

I thought heat advisories were for heat indices  Above 95゚ for 3 hours or more.  Central Park laguardia and Newark didn't hit that yesterday and will be hard to reach that today with dew points mixing out now.

Ewr did, knyc is in a forest and at LGA the dews mixed out and then they got hit with a seabreeze earlier than expected . 

4 minutes ago, wthrmn654 said:

They said criteria would be borderline and would leave the advisories as is. 

I guess that make sense.  I've seen much worse heat waves in the past For my area.   I have had thunderstorms 4 of the last 7 days with close to 6" here. I love temps in the nineties with dew points in the 50's.  that's perfect summer weather for me 

3 minutes ago, binbisso said:

I guess that make sense.  I've seen much worse heat waves in the past For my area.   I have had thunderstorms 4 of the last 7 days with close to 6" here. I love temps in the nineties with dew points in the 50's.  that's perfect summer weather for me 

This will go down as one of the longest heat waves in recorded history for much of the area. 

95/66 here now. Heat index of 100

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

This will go down as one of the longest heat waves in recorded history for much of the area. 

Not for my area.  Again I did have thunderstorms 4 of the last 7 days with close to 6" of rain.  Even Thursday was only excessively hot for like 3 hours before the thunderstorms came through here

So far I've had 90 or higher may 31, then ebay, Friday and today 90 or higher. If I can score a 90 tomorrow I'll be heat waving!

Just now, binbisso said:

91/62 here  I don't even have a heat index

Not saying every station has done it but enough of the area including my station has been close to 100 ° now for four days...heat index numbers may be a bit lower with the lower dew points but still advisory numbers.

2 minutes ago, doncat said:

Not saying every station has done it but enough of the area including my station has been close to 100 ° now for four days...heat index numbers may be a bit lower with the lower dew points but still advisory numbers.

I've had 6 90゚ days this month today will make 7. only 1 day above 95.  highest temperature 97 on Thursday.  We shouldn't broadbrush the entire area there are many micro climates in this forum

5 minutes ago, binbisso said:

Nope it's absolutely gorgeous out.   But this is nowhere close to the worst heat wave we've ever experienced

is that how you're rationalizing the fifth hot summer in a row? remember when we got summers where 90 was a struggle? i do.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

is that how you're rationalizing the fifth hot summer in a row? remember when we got summers where 90 was a struggle? i do.

It really hasn't been that hot here very tolerable.  You'd have to agree that we've had many days with very low dew points for July.  Obviously it's getting warmer.  The worst heat wave I remember Lasted about 3 weeks from late June to about July 10th.  90゚ temperatures with high dews and very few thunderstorms in that period.  I believe it happened in the nineties but I don't recall the year

1 minute ago, binbisso said:

It really hasn't been that hot here very tolerable.  You'd have to agree that we've had many days with very low dew points for July.  Obviously it's getting warmer.  The worst heat wave I remember Lasted about 3 weeks from late June to about July 10th.  90゚ temperatures with high dews and very few thunderstorms in that period.  I believe it happened in the nineties but I don't recall the year

We’ve had many very humid days down in the city/island. Maybe in westchester it’s different (I doubt it)

96 now

• Like 1

We’ve had many very humid days down in the city/island. Maybe in westchester it’s different (I doubt it)

96 now

Frg hit 97, although they seem to round 96.8 down to 96 for whatever reason.  Anyway, they're currently 95.  

• Like 1