Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,188
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Itryatgolf70
    Newest Member
    Itryatgolf70
    Joined

July 2022 General Discussion


Hoosier
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

1.6" rain here last night. Two day total of 3.9"

 

Would be nice if we could share the wealth a little.  Many areas in the have and man areas in the have not categories right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

Would be nice if we could share the wealth a little.  Many areas in the have and man areas in the have not categories right now.

Hopefully some rain comes your way soon. Can empathize after our drought conditions in extreme N.IL last year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FWAland doing some drought busting

...ALLEN COUNTY...
FORT WAYNE 8.0 N             9.18 IN   0800 AM 07/06   41.19N/85.11W                
3 E WALLEN                   8.85 IN   0850 AM 07/06   41.17N/85.11W        
FORT WAYNE 6.0 N             8.58 IN   0645 AM 07/06   41.16N/85.13W        
2 SSE ARI                    8.50 IN   0535 AM 07/06   41.24N/85.24W        
FORT WAYNE 9.0 NNE           7.91 IN   0937 AM 07/06   41.19N/85.07W                
WALLEN                       6.95 IN   0637 AM 07/06   41.16N/85.17W                
ARCOLA                       6.40 IN   0648 AM 07/06   41.10N/85.29W        
FORT WAYNE 4.1 NE            6.09 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.12N/85.09W        
FORT WAYNE 9.1 SE            5.82 IN   0700 AM 07/06   40.99N/85.00W        
FORT WAYNE 1.6 S             5.62 IN   0800 AM 07/06   41.05N/85.14W        
1 N LEO-CEDARVILLE           5.50 IN   0600 AM 07/06   41.23N/85.02W        
FORT WAYNE 2.6 NE            5.40 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.10N/85.11W        
WOODBURN 2.6 NNW             5.31 IN   0900 AM 07/06   41.16N/84.88W            
ELLISVILLE                   4.91 IN   0730 AM 07/06   41.02N/85.29W              
FORT WAYNE 7.1 WSW           4.46 IN   0930 AM 07/06   41.05N/85.27W                       
FORT WAYNE 9.3 W             4.08 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.05N/85.31W        
WOODBURN                     4.05 IN   0430 AM 07/06   41.14N/84.86W        
HOAGLAND 1.5 SSW             3.92 IN   0711 AM 07/06   40.93N/85.00W                
MONROEVILLE                  3.68 IN   0700 AM 07/06   40.97N/84.86W                       
HARLAN 2.2 ENE               3.30 IN   0753 AM 07/06   41.20N/84.88W        
HARLAN 3.4 NE                3.26 IN   0930 AM 07/06   41.23N/84.87W        
FORT WAYNE 9.0 NNE           3.18 IN   0937 AM 07/06   41.19N/85.07W        
FORT WAYNE 7.6 SE            3.00 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.01N/85.02W        
FORT WAYNE INTERNATIONAL AP  2.93 IN   0354 AM 07/06   40.98N/85.18W                
FORT WAYNE 7.5 NNW           2.77 IN   0800 AM 07/06   41.17N/85.21W  
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

FWAland doing some drought busting

...ALLEN COUNTY...
FORT WAYNE 8.0 N             9.18 IN   0800 AM 07/06   41.19N/85.11W                
3 E WALLEN                   8.85 IN   0850 AM 07/06   41.17N/85.11W        
FORT WAYNE 6.0 N             8.58 IN   0645 AM 07/06   41.16N/85.13W        
2 SSE ARI                    8.50 IN   0535 AM 07/06   41.24N/85.24W        
FORT WAYNE 9.0 NNE           7.91 IN   0937 AM 07/06   41.19N/85.07W                
WALLEN                       6.95 IN   0637 AM 07/06   41.16N/85.17W                
ARCOLA                       6.40 IN   0648 AM 07/06   41.10N/85.29W        
FORT WAYNE 4.1 NE            6.09 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.12N/85.09W        
FORT WAYNE 9.1 SE            5.82 IN   0700 AM 07/06   40.99N/85.00W        
FORT WAYNE 1.6 S             5.62 IN   0800 AM 07/06   41.05N/85.14W        
1 N LEO-CEDARVILLE           5.50 IN   0600 AM 07/06   41.23N/85.02W        
FORT WAYNE 2.6 NE            5.40 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.10N/85.11W        
WOODBURN 2.6 NNW             5.31 IN   0900 AM 07/06   41.16N/84.88W            
ELLISVILLE                   4.91 IN   0730 AM 07/06   41.02N/85.29W              
FORT WAYNE 7.1 WSW           4.46 IN   0930 AM 07/06   41.05N/85.27W                       
FORT WAYNE 9.3 W             4.08 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.05N/85.31W        
WOODBURN                     4.05 IN   0430 AM 07/06   41.14N/84.86W        
HOAGLAND 1.5 SSW             3.92 IN   0711 AM 07/06   40.93N/85.00W                
MONROEVILLE                  3.68 IN   0700 AM 07/06   40.97N/84.86W                       
HARLAN 2.2 ENE               3.30 IN   0753 AM 07/06   41.20N/84.88W        
HARLAN 3.4 NE                3.26 IN   0930 AM 07/06   41.23N/84.87W        
FORT WAYNE 9.0 NNE           3.18 IN   0937 AM 07/06   41.19N/85.07W        
FORT WAYNE 7.6 SE            3.00 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.01N/85.02W        
FORT WAYNE INTERNATIONAL AP  2.93 IN   0354 AM 07/06   40.98N/85.18W                
FORT WAYNE 7.5 NNW           2.77 IN   0800 AM 07/06   41.17N/85.21W  

Impressive numbers.  Nobody needs 9" of rain though, which is the problem with summertime convection... often feast or famine. 

I made out pretty good over the past couple days with like 2" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

FWAland doing some drought busting

...ALLEN COUNTY...
FORT WAYNE 8.0 N             9.18 IN   0800 AM 07/06   41.19N/85.11W                
3 E WALLEN                   8.85 IN   0850 AM 07/06   41.17N/85.11W        
FORT WAYNE 6.0 N             8.58 IN   0645 AM 07/06   41.16N/85.13W        
2 SSE ARI                    8.50 IN   0535 AM 07/06   41.24N/85.24W        
FORT WAYNE 9.0 NNE           7.91 IN   0937 AM 07/06   41.19N/85.07W                
WALLEN                       6.95 IN   0637 AM 07/06   41.16N/85.17W                
ARCOLA                       6.40 IN   0648 AM 07/06   41.10N/85.29W        
FORT WAYNE 4.1 NE            6.09 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.12N/85.09W        
FORT WAYNE 9.1 SE            5.82 IN   0700 AM 07/06   40.99N/85.00W        
FORT WAYNE 1.6 S             5.62 IN   0800 AM 07/06   41.05N/85.14W        
1 N LEO-CEDARVILLE           5.50 IN   0600 AM 07/06   41.23N/85.02W        
FORT WAYNE 2.6 NE            5.40 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.10N/85.11W        
WOODBURN 2.6 NNW             5.31 IN   0900 AM 07/06   41.16N/84.88W            
ELLISVILLE                   4.91 IN   0730 AM 07/06   41.02N/85.29W              
FORT WAYNE 7.1 WSW           4.46 IN   0930 AM 07/06   41.05N/85.27W                       
FORT WAYNE 9.3 W             4.08 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.05N/85.31W        
WOODBURN                     4.05 IN   0430 AM 07/06   41.14N/84.86W        
HOAGLAND 1.5 SSW             3.92 IN   0711 AM 07/06   40.93N/85.00W                
MONROEVILLE                  3.68 IN   0700 AM 07/06   40.97N/84.86W                       
HARLAN 2.2 ENE               3.30 IN   0753 AM 07/06   41.20N/84.88W        
HARLAN 3.4 NE                3.26 IN   0930 AM 07/06   41.23N/84.87W        
FORT WAYNE 9.0 NNE           3.18 IN   0937 AM 07/06   41.19N/85.07W        
FORT WAYNE 7.6 SE            3.00 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.01N/85.02W        
FORT WAYNE INTERNATIONAL AP  2.93 IN   0354 AM 07/06   40.98N/85.18W                
FORT WAYNE 7.5 NNW           2.77 IN   0800 AM 07/06   41.17N/85.21W  

If only this was Winter.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fort Wayne has received some crazy amounts of rain the last couple days. A little over 9 inches after a flash drought. Lots of street flooding around on top of 60 - 70 mph winds last night that left 14K without electricity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, frostfern said:

Big whiff south here.  Very typical.

Same. Where I'm at in a west suburbs of Indy it hasn't rained at all since June 13th. Wish I could see good storms with constant lightning again. Feels like we always miss the fun

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, IWXwx said:

FWAland doing some drought busting

...ALLEN COUNTY...
FORT WAYNE 8.0 N             9.18 IN   0800 AM 07/06   41.19N/85.11W                
3 E WALLEN                   8.85 IN   0850 AM 07/06   41.17N/85.11W        
FORT WAYNE 6.0 N             8.58 IN   0645 AM 07/06   41.16N/85.13W        
2 SSE ARI                    8.50 IN   0535 AM 07/06   41.24N/85.24W        
FORT WAYNE 9.0 NNE           7.91 IN   0937 AM 07/06   41.19N/85.07W                
WALLEN                       6.95 IN   0637 AM 07/06   41.16N/85.17W                
ARCOLA                       6.40 IN   0648 AM 07/06   41.10N/85.29W        
FORT WAYNE 4.1 NE            6.09 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.12N/85.09W        
FORT WAYNE 9.1 SE            5.82 IN   0700 AM 07/06   40.99N/85.00W        
FORT WAYNE 1.6 S             5.62 IN   0800 AM 07/06   41.05N/85.14W        
1 N LEO-CEDARVILLE           5.50 IN   0600 AM 07/06   41.23N/85.02W        
FORT WAYNE 2.6 NE            5.40 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.10N/85.11W        
WOODBURN 2.6 NNW             5.31 IN   0900 AM 07/06   41.16N/84.88W            
ELLISVILLE                   4.91 IN   0730 AM 07/06   41.02N/85.29W              
FORT WAYNE 7.1 WSW           4.46 IN   0930 AM 07/06   41.05N/85.27W                       
FORT WAYNE 9.3 W             4.08 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.05N/85.31W        
WOODBURN                     4.05 IN   0430 AM 07/06   41.14N/84.86W        
HOAGLAND 1.5 SSW             3.92 IN   0711 AM 07/06   40.93N/85.00W                
MONROEVILLE                  3.68 IN   0700 AM 07/06   40.97N/84.86W                       
HARLAN 2.2 ENE               3.30 IN   0753 AM 07/06   41.20N/84.88W        
HARLAN 3.4 NE                3.26 IN   0930 AM 07/06   41.23N/84.87W        
FORT WAYNE 9.0 NNE           3.18 IN   0937 AM 07/06   41.19N/85.07W        
FORT WAYNE 7.6 SE            3.00 IN   0700 AM 07/06   41.01N/85.02W        
FORT WAYNE INTERNATIONAL AP  2.93 IN   0354 AM 07/06   40.98N/85.18W                
FORT WAYNE 7.5 NNW           2.77 IN   0800 AM 07/06   41.17N/85.21W  

Meanwhile, just northwest of Indy, I came home after work and found out my tippy bucket still works. Said a whole 0.02" fell while I was at work. I was beginning to wonder if the thing still operated it had not moved in such a long time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, zinski1990 said:

Same. Where I'm at in a west suburbs of Indy it hasn't rained at all since June 13th. Wish I could see good storms with constant lightning again. Feels like we always miss the fun

Actually, though I chased, the June 13 event was also a miss south for MBY.  Big stuff either missed north or south for the whole year so far.  The only events that produced over an inch of rain at once were boring stratiform events in may.  It's more aggravating that the long term looks like continued NW flow with transient fronts pushing through quickly and convection dying as it approaches from the NW at night, lake shadowed, etc....  Same old same old.  At least you have a good chance of heavy rain tomorrow.  Here it's just nothing for weeks on end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

blessed^

It is funny how there is that little white area where you are.  When I go back and look at 14 day, 30 day, 60 day, 90 day precip, I don't really see a difference between your area and the nearby areas in yellow.  Must be some other factors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We managed 0.67" this week so that should keep the D0 at bay for another week.  Knocking on our doorstep though and it wouldn't take much more dryness to push us over the edge.  Lots of IN and OH should go down a level or completely out of any dry conditions after this week's rain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hoosier said:

It is funny how there is that little white area where you are.  When I go back and look at 14 day, 30 day, 60 day, 90 day precip, I don't really see a difference between your area and the nearby areas in yellow.  Must be some other factors. 

Im in the white but locally dryer than areas in yellow.  Maybe less heat.  Still dry is dry.  Gardens are not doing well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

I got the impression that Grand Rapids was in a major drought but according to that map they aren't even abnormally dry lol.

They have gotten dry in more recent times, but they are doing alright over the longer term (6 months)

6mPNormMRCC.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

I got the impression that Grand Rapids was in a major drought but according to that map they aren't even abnormally dry lol.

That map is missing a lot if local details.  One county south there’s been more rain.  Same north and east.  They smooth it out.  Plus the heat hasn’t been as extreme here, but actual rain is still low.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chicago Storm said:

Time to put this to bed...

...GRR...

July (So far): +0.21"

June: -2.52"

May: +0.07"

April: +1.20"

March: +1.11"

Cold stratiform borefest in March/April sure.  We are missing out on a lot of thunderstorms lately compared to other years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...