• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

Getting some changeable skies now and popped outside to get hit with some tropical Florida-like steamy air.  Ended up with another 0.03" for a total of 1.07" so far today (1.10" for the 2-day event).  Definitely grateful for that as I  missed the past rainfalls completely (last rain before yesterday had been 10 days ago).

Currently an overcast and steamy 75 with dp 74.

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Thought I was losing it but yeah...

ch6.jpg

BS very localized storms in NJ . This picture means absolutely nothing. The rain gauge in Allentown PA must sit under a roof gutter LMAO then.  10-15 miles away from LVIA , places have received less than a quarter inch. Tell that to the farmers in western lehigh County This must be Allentown NJ.  https://allentownnj.govoffice3.com/?pri=0

• Weenie 1

That little cell that is off to my east has been kicking off some convection that my lightning detector has been picking up. Otherwise the little cells that have been near or over me have been pretty much convection-free.  But now with the sun out, the heating should start firing it up.

Currently partly cloudy and 78 with dp 75.

lightning-159pm-08222022.PNG

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

BS very localized storms in NJ . This picture means absolutely nothing. The rain gauge in Allentown PA must sit under a roof gutter LMAO then.  10-15 miles away from LVIA , places have received less than a quarter inch. Tell that to the farmers in western lehigh County This must be Allentown NJ.  https://allentownnj.govoffice3.com/?pri=0

Localized cell that grazed me with my 5 minute downpour, hit Coopersburg with 1" a few miles to my north and was moving northeast it's believable 

Thanks for this PA data from Chris Martz Wx. The below PA state wide NOAA climate analysis data which is NOT confined to Southeast PA only data really matches up well with the county focused data I analyze. Clearly shows as Chris says "The average number of days per station ≥90° have not increased in Pennsylvania since 1895. Days ≥95° have decreased by a remarkable 43% (1991-2020 minus the 1926-1955 peak)  This also matches well with the same remarkable drop in 90+ days at suburban locales compared to the PHL Airport in that 1991 to 2020 period.

35 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Thanks for this PA data from Chris Martz Wx. The below PA state wide NOAA climate analysis data which is NOT confined to Southeast PA only data really matches up well with the county focused data I analyze. Clearly shows as Chris says "The average number of days per station ≥90° have not increased in Pennsylvania since 1895. Days ≥95° have decreased by a remarkable 43% (1991-2020 minus the 1926-1955 peak)  This also matches well with the same remarkable drop in 90+ days at suburban locales compared to the PHL Airport in that 1991 to 2020 period.

Interesting study. I'd like to see the data on ≥80° and also dewpoints ≥70°, as well as a list and location of the 14 stations. Is this data freely available? Also what is the significance of those specific periods? I don't want to say the data looks cherry-picked, but it seems to me that the math would be more representative if you compared, say, 1895-1957 and then 1957 to present. Or maybe throw some trend lines in there. Regardless, that's pretty neat, thanks for posting.