Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

2 hours ago, BBasile said:

Talk about bad luck.  lol.   Two days in a row...right on the edge. 

Screenshot_20220828-150359_RadarScope.jpg

WOW.  LOL

Well with the clouds coming and going all day, the temps stayed below 90 and I managed an 86 for a high.  I saw the pop-ups in S. Jersey and the resulting boundaries from those got close but washed out before getting here, although there was a brief period of a threat that quickly dissipated.

Currently 81 and partly sunny with dp 72.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maxwell03 said:

I don't believe what I'm seeing; it's actually raining a decent clip at my house.

Congrats.  It's literally like rolling the dice to get under a cell.  The rain from the one that I got under last week gave me a good dousing although for some of the plants I have that prefer moist conditions, I'll have to give them some more probably tomorrow as I doubt that I'll get under anything with this current hit or miss setup.

A couple more above normal temp days before a cold front swings through the county tomorrow night. Temperatures by Wednesday should be just about normal with highs in the upper 70's to around 80 and night time lows in the mid to upper 50's as we head into the holiday weekend.
Our record high today is 98 from 1953. The record low is 40 degrees in 1925. The daily rain record is 1.57" from 1950.image.png.36055f288eb015528cf9f0a62938c944.png

Going to be a top 10 hottest summer for the regions official climo sites, some making it into top 5. Accomplished with a rare dip in the jet the first half of summer with endless Canadian cool air masses "the pattern that wouldn't end". Stick a fork in it were doomed.

• Weenie 1

4 hours ago, RedSky said:

Going to be a top 10 hottest summer for the regions official climo sites, some making it into top 5. Accomplished with a rare dip in the jet the first half of summer with endless Canadian cool air masses "the pattern that wouldn't end". Stick a fork in it were doomed.

Not in certain northern ChesCo parts, I'd warrant. It's practically periglacial up there. :whistle:

• Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Not in certain northern ChesCo parts, I'd warrant. It's practically periglacial up there. :whistle:

There's a TOS Star Trek episode where the planet is a boiling hell cauldron except for one tiny postage stamp size region of tranquil paradise...so yeah you know where I am going with this

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

TOS Star Trek episode where the planet is a boiling hell cauldron except for one tiny postage stamp size region of tranquil paradise

Maybe this one? https://per-ineptia-ad-astra.tumblr.com/post/635362079283511296/star-trek-episode-124-this-side-of-paradise

Back OT, gonna be a hot one tonight. Almost 8pm and still in the 80's.

QbubeKF.png

1 hour ago, CoolHandMike said:

Maybe this one? https://per-ineptia-ad-astra.tumblr.com/post/635362079283511296/star-trek-episode-124-this-side-of-paradise

Back OT, gonna be a hot one tonight. Almost 8pm and still in the 80's.

QbubeKF.png

The Savage Curtain. The Next Generation also did something similar. Although our sun is beginning to feel like it's giving off Bertold rays.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Days like today I really miss my dark red brick catholic school as a child w/no A/C wearing a tie w/the top button buttoned. Then add in screaming nun....it was great.

78F/ DP 71F

Polyster pants, uncomfortable shoes, brown bag lunches sitting for hours in the heat mm good lol

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

30 minute toaster oven bus rides, stickball on the broiling hot asphalt

And as I was coming in from the playground sweating my nuts off we pass 2 water fountains w/piss warm water and the 20 boys in the class would be pushing each other out of the way just to get a sip while the nagging nun would be bitching for us to get to the classroom......Christ, that was hell. 

12 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

And as I was coming in from the playground sweating my nuts off we pass 2 water fountains w/piss warm water and the 20 boys in the class would be pushing each other out of the way just to get a sip while the nagging nun would be bitching for us to get to the classroom......Christ, that was hell. 

It was boot camp 

After a strong chance of storms tonight with the cold frontal passage...temps will cool to near normal for the rest of the work week. Of note while it has seemed hot this month...we are likely to only finish about 1 degree above normal for the month of August. Overall the summer months of (June-July-August) also look to finish not too far from a normal summer. I will have those final stats on Thursday as we start the month of September.
The record high for today is 100 degrees set in 1953. Our record low was a chilly 39 degrees back in 1986. The daily rainfall record is the 3.40" that fell today in 1946.image.png.d6b26aa327691f422333d1cd73d06a76.png

15 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:
After a strong chance of storms tonight with the cold frontal passage...temps will cool to near normal for the rest of the work week. Of note while it has seemed hot this month...we are likely to only finish about 1 degree above normal for the month of August. Overall the summer months of (June-July-August) also look to finish not too far from a normal summer. I will have those final stats on Thursday as we start the month of September.
The record high for today is 100 degrees set in 1953. Our record low was a chilly 39 degrees back in 1986. The daily rainfall record is the 3.40" that fell today in 1946.image.png.d6b26aa327691f422333d1cd73d06a76.png

Above Normal.  Everywhere. Eye opening for many. 

• Weenie 1