• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

Ended up with 91 as a high today for 90+ #9 for August (#29 since May). My last 90 was on 8/10/22.

The cumulus has slowly been replaced with some cirrus and it's currently partly sunny and 85 with dp up a bit to 65, so it begins....

Watching for the development of odds and ends storms in the Gulf and hoping we can maybe get some remnant moisture shunted up here.

Today should be our 2nd above normal temperature day after 8 straight below normal days. After another above normal day tomorrow we should slip back to near normal starting on Monday before a return to more above normal conditions by the end of this week. We should see some widespread rain starting Sunday night through Monday night. Some models continue to show around an inch of needed rain. image.png.9e35cb7af08d1e4b202dd2bbca35c0da.png

2 hours ago, JTA66 said:

ALEET: Candy corn on store shelves. Fall is coming :)

I'm a high-end dollar store shopper. Candy corn/candy/things that make creepy noises have been on the shelves for a little while. Candy will probably be stale by labor day...

71F/DP 63F

Getting close to the month countdown:

days fall.jpg

• Like 1

Clouds look to be on the increase today with rain arriving most likely after midnight across much of Chester County. Rainfall amounts with this look to range from 0.5" across SE Chesco to upwards of 1.0" toward NW Chesco.
Record high temperature for today is 98 degrees set back in 1914. Our record low is the 45 degrees from 1982. The daily rainfall record is 1.41" from 2007.
image.png.6915b829de44ecbab6cdc509bfd7e4a5.png

Well when all was said and done, I got 0.03" out of the pop-up, where most of it seemed to have focused east of me.  But at least it wet the dry dusty leaves and the last measurable that I had here was on 8/11/22.  All the grass around here has given up the ghost and the immediate radar cleared on out.

It's currently overcast with temp 75 and dp 72.  Hopefully a round 2 will produce a bit more.

• Like 1

The rain pitch was thrown, high and to the left  a complete whiff-  going up to Williamsport/ Hazelton in the past few hours and then dying- calling a ball.  With 80% chance- how in the world do we even get that Mt Holly? I say right now the percentage is less than 20% of coverage in the entire forecast area.  I am waiting for the wind up and pitch for the next potential at midnight --hope its a strike.  If we get anything less than .50 an inch, I call drought warning for the entire area until a tropical storm hits us in the second week of September.

• Weenie 1