Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

33 minutes ago, Chief83 said:

Worcester, PA.  For the month so far 8/1 to 8/16      1.04" of rain and most of that was in the first few days.  Interesting,  but not surprising how some locations not far away are well above that. Local showers and storms have consistently missed us or dissipated before getting here.

I've had 0.95" for the month here so far, and that was a total from 3 days for the month, with one of those days only netting 0.01".

I did make it up to 82 and it's currently partly sunny and 79 with dp 59, so overall another nice late summer day that's not a blast furnace or sauna.

2 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I've had 0.95" for the month here so far, and that was a total from 3 days for the month, with one of those days only netting 0.01".

I did make it up to 82 and it's currently partly sunny and 79 with dp 59, so overall another nice late summer day that's not a blast furnace or sauna.

Similar results here: 1.01" which all fell on 3 separate days. We hit 87 here today but it was delightfully breezy most of the day with DP's only in the mid 50's. I'm dreading a repeat of last year where we had a run of 90+ later in August (the last IMBY recording of >90 being 8/30/21), but we shall see. It'd be nice to have a "normal" late summer pattern change again after how many years now of it just being hot all the way into October. (It was 84 on my last birthday on 10/15/21. Especially don't want a repeat of that.)

• Weenie 1

La Nina 3-peat progged for winter apparently (would only be the 3rd time on record for that circumstance)- https://www.climate.gov/news-features/blogs/august-2022-enso-update-summer-nights

10 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Similar results here: 1.01" which all fell on 3 separate days. We hit 87 here today but it was delightfully breezy most of the day with DP's only in the mid 50's. I'm dreading a repeat of last year where we had a run of 90+ later in August (the last IMBY recording of >90 being 8/30/21), but we shall see. It'd be nice to have a "normal" late summer pattern change again after how many years now of it just being hot all the way into October. (It was 84 on my last birthday on 10/15/21. Especially don't want a repeat of that.)

Last year, my last 90+ (a 93) was on 8/27/21 and a last 90+ the year before (a 92) was on 8/27/2020.

Bottomed out at 63 this morning as the winds went almost calm but the temp has quickly recovered and it's currently 70 with dp 63.

4 of the last 5 mornings have featured low temps in the 50's across the county. Today's low was 59.1 in East Nantmeal. Today will also be out 6th straight day for many spots across the county with high temps remaining below 80 degrees.
Our record high today is 95 degrees from 2002. The record low is 45 degrees in 1981. The daily rainfall record is 5.28" from 1928.
image.png.3aa3f4d5f166c5b500bb50d4b8be82e1.png

4 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

La Nina 3-peat progged for winter apparently (would only be the 3rd time on record for that circumstance)- https://www.climate.gov/news-features/blogs/august-2022-enso-update-summer-nights

Last year, my last 90+ (a 93) was on 8/27/21 and a last 90+ the year before (a 92) was on 8/27/2020.

Bottomed out at 63 this morning as the winds went almost calm but the temp has quickly recovered and it's currently 70 with dp 63.

Hmm reading the enso charts looks like 1975-76 and 2000-01 were the other 2 3rd year nina's? Both weren't bad winters with 17.5" in 75-76 and 26.1" in 00-01 at PHL. Obviously not a large data set but I think many would take that if 3rd time follows the pattern.

19 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Hmm reading the enso charts looks like 1975-76 and 2000-01 were the other 2 3rd year nina's? Both weren't bad winters with 17.5" in 75-76 and 26.1" in 00-01 at PHL. Obviously not a large data set but I think many would take that if 3rd time follows the pattern.

I'd be more than happy with a repeat of 2000-01 (minus 3/5/01). Actually, I'm surprised at how much Philly proper got that year, I recall it as a Fall Line north and west winter. But now that I think about it, Philly probably cashed in on that weird Miller B storm just before New Years while the sun was out in West Chester.

wow, I have not seen a brick wall put up around the LV and points east for the formation of rain like the last two months.  I got 20 drops last night- left some spots on the windshield of dust and pollen. The car instantly became so dirty again. The same areas are getting the rain right now - from York to points south and east and it is retrograding south and west. That 40% forecast of precip is for western Chester county only. All I can say if a tropical storm forms off the Carolina coast or northern gulf coast in September, there will be plenty of latent heat around here for it to stay strong. 

• Weenie 1

Bottomed out at 62 this morning and could have been cooler but the wind didn't go calm.

So far it's turned out to be a nice late summer day and when I went out to the supermarket this morning, I was greeted by a buzzing cicada, just like the "old days" (of last summer). :lol: 

It's currently mostly sunny and 84 with dp 59.

On 8/17/2022 at 3:53 PM, ChescoWx said:

Temps dropped into the unseasonably chilly mid-60's with the storm that moved from north to south through Chester County earlier. Measurable rain on 8 of the first 17 days this month. image.png.0cc952d444cbe2bc32ef40915e56b299.png

Pool is dirty and you need to get a landscaper out there...looks like hell.

73F/DP 58F

*J/K 

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2022 at 12:55 PM, RedSky said:

Weird weather patterns never seen so many parts of the globe in drought yet record rains in Death Valley and Vegas. Good luck predicting what type of winter this leads too.

* and just 17% normal Atlantic tropics activity to date

I'm no tropical guru but this blob looks decent moving into the gulf. Who cares if doesn't turn into a TS or Hurricane. Make landfall and hopefully somewhat moisture loaded gets sucked up our way. Desperate times...

73F/DP 59F...predicted low 58F

blob.jpg

Today should be our first day over 80 degrees across almost all spots in Chester County in the last week! After 7 straight below normal days. We did not hit the 50's for a low here this morning in East Nantmeal...no better than 61.0
The record high for today is 96 degrees set in 1914. Our record low is 45 degrees in 1949. Daily rainfall record is 4.98" from 1939.
image.png.a79e290641b8ffb1f19856a96e62d37c.png

85F at noon, looks like I'll make a run at 90F (or above) today.

This morning I was woken by the sound of a cracking branch, although never heard it fall. Guess it's a sign of how stressed the trees are getting. I'll look around later today to see I notice anything in my yard or maybe the sound was coming from a neighbor's yard.

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

85F at noon, looks like I'll make a run at 90F (or above) today.

This morning I was woken by the sound of a cracking branch, although never heard it fall. Guess it's a sign of how stressed the trees are getting. I'll look around later today to see I notice anything in my yard or maybe the sound was coming from a neighbor's yard.

If accu weather is correct, both just hit 90F but decent DPs. Think another degree+ is quite possible...

lans.jpg

nw.jpg