• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

The weekend forecast gets a new name  * yeah the text comes out all wonky I have no clue why it's a cut&paste

Friday
A slight chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. West wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 59.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 72.
Saturday Night
Clear, with a low around 52.
Juneteenth
Sunny, with a high near 76.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Tornado Watch up for the furthest north counties of the CWA (and western counties under State College) -

SPC SWDY1 has part of the area in "Enhanced Risk" with the rest as either "Slight Risk" or "Marginal" -

I actually made it up to 78 for a high today and have 0.41" in the bucket from the early morning rounds.  It's currently overcast and 75 with dp 69.

Whatever scattered storms came east overnight missed me for any measurable and the temp remained mild overnight and this morning with a low of 71.

The clouds cleared out from earlier and aside from the few scattered cumulus that have now been whisked away, it is sunny and off to the races with a temp of 84 already, but also with a dp of 75.  Haven't stepped outside yet this morning but I can imagine. :yikes:  One of my sisters texted to say it was just awful.

As a side note, Mt. Holly tweeted this yesterday about my "namesake" -

Although I was not personally impacted by it where I lived, I had coworkers who were including one who literally lost everything (he and his family including his parents lived upstate I think around the Wilkes-Barre area) and that is when he said they packed up and moved down here to Philly.

But my experience with it was from seeing the "before/after" change at the Girl Scout camp (Camp Laughing Waters) I used to go to, where I was there the summer of 1971 and then returned the following summer of 1972 only about a month after the hurricane flooded the area, sending the large creek (Swamp Creek) that ran through the camp, completely out of its banks, and across much of the camp area.  Seeing that transformation had a significant impact on this then-budding weather hobbyist.

The camp is still there and located around the Gilbertsville area (between there and Perkiomenville although I think the "official" address is listed as Gilbertsville) in Montco.  The amount of damage was notable, with standing water still left all over the camp during the 2 weeks I was there for overnight camp.  I eventually ended up going back in 1976 and they had completed much of the cleanup and bridge replacement/building repairs by then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Whatever scattered storms came east overnight missed me for any measurable and the temp remained mild overnight and this morning with a low of 71.

The clouds cleared out from earlier and aside from the few scattered cumulus that have now been whisked away, it is sunny and off to the races with a temp of 84 already, but also with a dp of 75.  Haven't stepped outside yet this morning but I can imagine. :yikes:  One of my sisters texted to say it was just awful.

As a side note, Mt. Holly tweeted this yesterday about my "namesake" -

Although I was not personally impacted by it where I lived, I had coworkers who were including one who literally lost everything (he and his family including his parents lived upstate I think around the Wilkes-Barre area) and that is when he said they packed up and moved down here to Philly.

But my experience with it was from seeing the "before/after" change at the Girl Scout camp (Camp Laughing Waters) I used to go to, where I was there the summer of 1971 and then returned the following summer of 1972 only about a month after the hurricane flooded the area, sending the large creek (Swamp Creek) that ran through the camp, completely out of its banks, and across much of the camp area.  Seeing that transformation had a significant impact on this then-budding weather hobbyist.

The camp is still there and located around the Gilbertsville area (between there and Perkiomenville although I think the "official" address is listed as Gilbertsville) in Montco.  The amount of damage was notable, with standing water still left all over the camp during the 2 weeks I was there for overnight camp.  I eventually ended up going back in 1976 and they had completed much of the cleanup and bridge replacement/building repairs by then.

Agnes was just before my 6th birthday, so I have very limited memory of her. My mom is from Manayunk and I remember waking down to the Green Lane bridge to see the Schuylkill.

86F/DP 73F :fulltilt:

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

Agnes was just before my 6th birthday, so I have very limited memory of her. My mom is from Manayunk and I remember waking down to the Green Lane bridge to see the Schuylkill.

86F/DP 73F :fulltilt:

Awww...  I wasn't that much older but it was at the age when kids tend to lock onto certain hobbies and often stick with them for life (or even make it a career). :lol:

Well I didn't just hit the 90 point but am now at 91. The winds have gotten gusty though and that was progged, so that has helped to drop the dp down to the high 60s/low 70s vs mid-70s.

Think I'll pop out briefly and then run back in. :maphot:

Edit - yeah it's hot out although could have been worse as a steam bath.  I think the breeze has helped a bit.

LOL - Mt. Holly Climatology section went from possible "record highs" for today -

&&

.CLIMATE...
Record highs are possible today at our southern climate sites.
Here are the records (from south to north).

GED 96 in 1991
55N 95 in 1939
ACY 94 in 2014
ILG 96 in 1952
PHL 98 in 1957
TTN 96 in 1939
RDG 97 in 1957
ABE 98 in 1957
MPO 91 in 1952

Record lows are possible Saturday night. Here are the records
(from north to south).

MPO 36 in 1986