• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

wow /less than .10 inch in three weeks at my house. These storms are so localized. The only savior will be a tropical storm.   Today was a joke. It rained so little that  the trees covering the road prevented the road from being wet. Mt Holly keeps pushing PWAT in their discussion like everyone is getting this in every local storm.  no way. You would be lucky to get over .5 inch of rain.  Time to rethink the pwat situation in the discussion.   The storms are very short lived  and blow themselves out in 20 minutes or so as evidence in the outflow boundary comments by other posters.  I would be worried about PWAT if we had training storms- yet to see this situation this summer. I am afraid when the cold front comes through on Thursday- we will not see good rains  for awhile. return back to early July weather cool and dry.  The lawn will continue to burn up.

• Weenie 1

My poorly sited roof top Tempest did record it's highest temp this year at 92.7 degrees!!! All sites in Chester County were over 90 degrees. Only the Berks County high elevation site and KMPO could match the icy grasp of East Nantmeal Township with temps under 90 degrees!!

My well sited thermometers both the Davis VP2 and the Ambient station could do no better than 88.7 on the VP and only 88.5 on the Ambient. Appropriate siting and equipment always wins!

However, I do think I need to start selling summer vacations to the cool oasis that is East Nantmeal next summer! How the heck can I get these thermometers to deliver a friggin 90 plus day??

The next couple of days should be only slightly warmer than normal before we begin a stretch of below normal days. Low temps should reach the 50's both Friday and Saturday across most of Chester County.
Our record high temperature for today is 99 degrees set back in 1900. The record low is 45 degrees from 1972. The daily rainfall record is 2.40" set in 1912.
image.png.bf76acdf45b890a45f31ae1fffc9b9ca.png

I managed to just eek out one more 90 today just before 1:30 pm, to add to the tally - #8 for August (#28 since May).

It was a bit more unsettled this afternoon with some stratocumulus that kept the sun obscured much of the time and holding the temps down.  Otherwise there's nothing really on the radio that suggests the "r" word.

It's currently mostly cloudy, with breaks of sun, and 87 with dp 72.

3 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I managed to just eek out one more 90 today just before 1:30 pm

Here, too.  90.2F.   Another sweaty day.  

To top it off, there is a chemical truck venting fumes in East Greenwich Township, which has the entirety of Gloucester County smelling like shit.  NJDEP recommends staying inside.  Yeah, the heat index already has me there.  lol

• Sad 1