• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2022

Last I checked MU was also at 87.
Yes, I'm usually a couple of degrees warmer. Today was an interesting day as my temp climbed very slowly during the midday hours, and then spiked 4 degrees between 2pm and 3pm. And since then, it's dropped off back down to 87. 

I am only 2 or 3 miles from them and I usually match them on high temps. My lows are usually a degree or two cooler.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Just got issued a special weather statement here. The storms that were coming towards me were falling apart but then right before it got here a small cell formed. Getting some nice thunder and lightning right now. This might be some of the best thunder and lightning I've had all year lol

Same here in Marysville!

The thunder & lightning woke me up a little after 1 am. 
It poured for at least a few minutes. I’ll check the rain gauge later this morning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Just got issued a special weather statement here. The storms that were coming towards me were falling apart but then right before it got here a small cell formed. Getting some nice thunder and lightning right now. This might be some of the best thunder and lightning I've had all year lol

4 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Same here in Marysville!

The thunder & lightning woke me up a little after 1 am. 
It poured for at least a few minutes. I’ll check the rain gauge later this morning.

set me straight up too. for sure the best of the year to date

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I failed to reach 90 here as well, topping out at 89.  MU mentioned something about places across york and lancaster counties that got the heavier rain on monday staying cooler today.

I was going to post/speculate the same thing yesterday but I stopped myself because I've mentioned that several times this year already and I'm not sure how accurate it is.

Plus - with or without rain, I've been consistently warmer than most in Lanco.

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was going to post/speculate the same thing yesterday but I stopped myself because I've mentioned that several times this year already and I'm not sure how accurate it is.

Some people very much believe in it while some other mets think it is nominal.  I think this blurb I grabbed off the Googles explains the science theory but would be interested to see if anyone has done real testing on it.  I would think on a short term basis it would only amount in a change of a degree or so unless it rained that morning and the ground was actively wet.  Heavy rain 3 days ago would have long ago been absorbed and evaporated in the area of the soil the sun gets to.   The article this came from discusses long term drought and its effects on heat waves. 

This can also be explained as follows: when the ground is dry, heat from the sun does not have to expend energy to evaporate the already-dry soil, and instead heats the air to a more intense degree, causing air temperatures to rise. This relationship suggests that dry soils can drive a rise in temperature, like a heat wave.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Orioles - down by a run, 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th last night. Rookie for the O's hits a foul pop, left fielder comes over, he's right there...and he flat out drops it. 2 pitches later, rookie hits his first MLB home run. The game was over...until it wasn't. O's go on to win in 11. Special season in Balmer. 

How did the Red Sox slip that fielder in there for one play on the dropped pop up? 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Indeed you have.  The sun certainly has a harder time heating the ground when it's saturated and in turn a harder time heating the air directly above the ground, but I have my doubts about the magnitude of that effect three days after a rainfall, as Bubbler alluded to.

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Orioles - down by a run, 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th last night. Rookie for the O's hits a foul pop, left fielder comes over, he's right there...and he flat out drops it. 2 pitches later, rookie hits his first MLB home run. The game was over...until it wasn't. O's go on to win in 11. Special season in Balmer. 

Wild.  Starting to feel like a special season for them.  With the addition of a third wildcard team this year they're only 2.5 out.  Go get it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1