• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2022

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2 day rainfall total in the historic district amounted to .20" - many areas of Lanco got much, much more. 

Win some, some you don't. 

.11 here.  Whoopyfriggindoo....

looks like southern lanco did ok last night tho (as per AM news outlet met Steve Knight).

Broke my belt on my JD mower, so I guess I've got time to fix it as grass is shades of brown w/ green highlights....(probably weeds).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, canderson said:

Water moccasins and alligator gar, too. Had a moccasin jump in our boat one night night-fishing ... my bro immediately jumped out. My dad then said, "where do you think the snake came from?" hahahahahaha 

In my lexicon,  cottonmouths and water moccasins are the same thing.   Not sure if that is right though. 

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

For some reason I thought they were a subspecies ..l but they’re the same. Learn something new every day. 

It was a huge fear for me taking boats out on rivers in Florida.  Stay away from the trees.   Lots of people jump out like your brother.  Bite is worse than a rattler.   They are very angry snakes. They see you swimming and make a beeline to bite your ass.   You can almost hear them say 'Oh no you did not just get in my river". 

We had Coral snakes down there as well...they gnawed on you all night....gnawed you to death. 

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It was a huge fear for me taking boats out on rivers in Florida.  Stay away from the trees.   Lots of people jump out like your brother.  Bite is worse than a rattler.   They are very angry snakes. They see you swimming and make a beeline to bite your ass.   You can almost hear them say 'Oh no you did not just get in my river". 

We had Coral snakes down there as well...they gnawed on you all night....gnawed you to death. 

Was on Caddo Lake (Google map it!) and our boat spring a leak so we marooned on an tiny island all night (no cell service and no way to see what was going on). That was terrifying knowing those snakes and gators were all around us. 

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

Was on Caddo Lake (Google map it!) and our boat spring a leak so we marooned on an tiny island all night (no cell service and no way to see what was going on). That was terrifying knowing those snakes and gators were all around us. 

I bet.  Not something I would want to do.   That is a big a$$ lake. 

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

made me think of a verse from the wooly swamp: :blink:

If you ever go back into Wooly Swamp son you better not go at night
There's things out there in the middle of them woods
That'd make a strong man die from fright
There's things that crawl and things that fly
And things that creep around on the ground
And they say the ghost of Lucias Clay gets up and it walks around.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

4th driest August on record at MDT. Minus 1.83” for the month.  

Yea, and despite the afternoon chances starting Thur or Friday, going to be tough to add much on to that over the next week unless they get lucky. When I was over 10" under average from May -Aug 2020 it sucked. Had less than 1" one of those months.