• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2022

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

Mostly sunny and 83 here. And dry of course. Really miffed I got no rain yesterday still. 

Surprised you are getting any sun but rain is just a bit north of you.  Not enough to make any kind of difference but this adds to the string of Mostly/Partly forecasts that feature rain in the LSV (with no mention in zones.) 

For the first time since 1982, the Atlantic has had no named storms (e.g., >=39 mph tropical cyclones) between July 3 - August 22.Years since 1950 with no Atlantic named storms between July 3 - August 22: 1952, 1962, 1967, 1972, 1977, 1982

Philip Klotzbach on Twitter: "For the first time since 1982, the Atlantic has had no named storms (e.g., >=39 mph tropical cyclones) between July 3 - August 22. #hurricane https://t.co/6zTfNsUCA7" / Twitter

GFS does have a Gorilla in the Gulf

image.thumb.png.bbcebee8b57ec7f62aea3ffbb9d7ec04.png

18 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

How many 90's are we going to add into next week for Harrisburg? I'm dropping a quarter on at least 4

The burning man (EC) has two...maybe three...through its 240 hour run.  Two days near 90 at 2PM then 2 or 3 days in the mid 80's at 2PM.    Hard to extrapolate those mid 80's days so assume one would make it.  

• Like 1

Picked up .40” in a quick 10 minute storm yesterday around super time. 

Was raining and blowing sheets of rain.

Was down south fishing on a pontoon boat. Guy said now when we go under these trees grab that push broom and brush any snakes off the deck.  :huh:

Not my kind of fishing. Boy can them alligator gar really trash a crank bait. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Picked up .40” in a quick 10 minute storm yesterday around super time. 

Was raining and blowing sheets of rain.

Was down south fishing on a pontoon boat. Guy said now when we go under these trees grab that push broom and brush any snakes off the deck.  :huh:

Not my kind of fishing. Boy can them alligator gar really trash a crank bait. 

We carried a rifle and shot the gar, or just cut the line and restrung the rod. They're the worst. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Can I also just add how much I'm afraid of snakes? 

My wife and I see them on the river trail - usually black racers but a few copperheads. My wife is fascinated enough to move towards them...at least that's what she tells me. My old self is busting my a** running away. 

You should be busting away from the copperheads!  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You should be busting away from the copperheads!  

I bust away from all of them...because we've seen so many over the years, my reaction has tempered somewhat...I'm still not looking to spend time in their vicinity. 

I got a guy at work who drives a delivery truck - dude is like 7'3" 320 lbs, rides a Harley and looks just like the kind of guy you hope you don't run into late at night in a dark alley. In reality, he's an amazing person and as gentle as they come. Well, I was telling him about the river trail and so he and his wife decided to go for a bike (pedal type, LOL) ride down there. He came in to work one Monday all exasperated and cussing me up and down for not telling him he might see snakes. Apparently there was a black racer on the trail, he came across it, and in his words "Mike, I screamed like a baby and wrecked my f'ing bike right then and there." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I bust away from all of them...because we've seen so many over the years, my reaction has tempered somewhat...I'm still not looking to spend time in their vicinity. 

I got a guy at work who drives a delivery truck - dude is like 7'3" 320 lbs, rides a Harley and looks just like the kind of guy you hope you don't run into late at night in a dark alley. In reality, he's an amazing person and as gentle as they come. Well, I was telling him about the river trail and so he and his wife decided to go for a bike (pedal type, LOL) ride down there. He came in to work one Monday all exasperated and cussing me up and down for not telling him he might see snakes. Apparently there was a black racer on the trail, he came across it, and in his words "Mike, I screamed like a baby and wrecked my f'ing bike right then and there." 

Good thing you did not tell him that the snakes lay on the trail to try and make bikers wreck and then attack the fallen human :-). 

• Haha 1