• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2022

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its not been a great look for a week now.  It would be one thing if it was highs in the 70's and 80's but it is much warmer than that as a ridge sets up in the nations heartland and pumps warm Southwest air over us for days on end.  Easily the hottest temps of the season....Mid 100's and the hottest temps ever in Sept as progged.   It could not be much worse and the super heat the first full week of Sept is AFTER a mini heat run this coming week with mid 90's.   It may change tomorrow but we need a seismic shift for a major change. 

I’m still going to celebrate the beginning of Met. Fall on Thursday!

53 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its not been a great look for a week now.  It would be one thing if it was highs in the 70's and 80's but it is much warmer than that as a ridge sets up in the nations heartland and pumps warm Southwest air over us for days on end.  Easily the hottest temps of the season....Mid 100's and the hottest temps ever in Sept as progged.   It could not be much worse and the super heat the first full week of Sept is AFTER a mini heat run this coming week with mid 90's.   It may change tomorrow but we need a seismic shift for a major change. 

Is it really going to be that hot back there?

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yeah I know I am hoping for a different look.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Is it really going to be that hot back there?

Not sure but when it shows the hottest temp ever in a month (extrapolated) it at least gets a mention.  Odds are that it does not get "that hot" but hard to see it get too cool in the near future.   

Check out this cool but not cool map that shows the heat but also two tropical systems as noted in the 2M temps.

image.thumb.png.4588df50a502c17a07cffdfac4d285ed.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I am not saying anything should or should not be celebrated just dissecting the data.   The uber heat is still over 7 days away.   A tropical system could alter the course of everything. 

I've been keeping an eye on the potential hurricane the GFS and ECMWF is showing and that definitely could throw a wrench into things considering how close it gets to the coast. But that's if it even survives the trek which imo looks like it should enter more favorable conditions closer to the east coast. I know there were a few runs that showed it awfully close to Florida and another showing it actually landfalling in the Carolinas from both the GFS/Euro but those were just 1 offs so far since it's way too early to tell where this goes. I'm just excited there's something to potentially track in the atlantic finally lmao

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I've been keeping an eye on the potential hurricane the GFS and ECMWF is showing and that definitely could throw a wrench into things considering how close it gets to the coast. But that's if it even survives the trek which imo looks like it should enter more favorable conditions closer to the east coast. I know there were a few runs that showed it awfully close to Florida and another showing it actually landfalling in the Carolinas from both the GFS/Euro but those were just 1 offs so far since it's way too early to tell where this goes. I'm just excited there's something to potentially track in the atlantic finally lmao

It has certainly been a slow has certainly been slow.  First half of Tropical season is just about over. 

6 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Sonoran Desert nooners...

99.8 degrees.

Here’s when Vail’s resorts in Pennsylvania will open:

• Seven Springs Mountain Resort in Seven Springs, Somerset County will open in Nov. 25.
  • Jack Frost Ski Resort in Kidder Township, Carbon County will open Dec. 2
  • Big Boulder Mountain in Kidder Township, Carbon County will open on Dec. 16.
  • Liberty Mountain Resort in Carroll Valley, Adams County will open on Dec. 16.
  • Roundtop Mountain Resort in Warrington Township, York County near Lewisberry will open on Dec. 16.
  • Whitetail Resort in Montgomery Township, Franklin County near Mercersburg will open on Dec. 16.
  • Hidden Valley Resort in Jefferson Township, Somerset County near Hidden Valley will open on Dec. 23.
  • Laurel Mountain Ski Resort in Jenner Township, Somerset County near Boswell will open on Dec. 23.