Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 13-14 snowstorm/nor’easter potential

George001

8 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes that 2/8 storm was a disappointment. Some model runs were trying to give a lot more but we ended up getting too much shortwave interference inside of 48 hours and it turned into a mundane moderate event….the 2/5 event was much better. 

Were both of these on either side of the Superbowl?  I seem to remember  a big thaw after the giant blizzard we had in January and then there was a thaw and a lot of snow melted and people were doing spring work outside and then it got cold quickly and we had that surprise snowstorm where the crane fell in NYC with heavy snow and wind and then a break for a couple days and it got into the 40s and then another storm right after the Superbowl-- both of these February events were like 4-6 each here.

7 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Yup…I get that. I felt that way about 2/06, both of the biggies in 1/11, and then the granddaddy 2/13. Those were all monsters here…with 2/13 eclipsing everything at 33+ inches!

It's why I love January 2016 so much, 32 inches of snow here and true blizzard conditions for 12 consecutive hours!

That was the GOAT of all GOATs!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

06z euro looked a little better again. Maybe 1-2” for a good chunk of SNE with some 3-4” amounts in far SE MA. 

Gonna have to watch for dry air on northern edge. 

Seems like an INVT more than a fronto band. Bet someone from the Cape to Scooter Tblizz overperforms 

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Seems like an INVT more than a fronto band. Bet someone from the Cape to Scooter Tblizz overperforms 

It’s initially a pretty defined fronto band but then as the event drags on, it’s more an IVT in SE MA and that’s where advisory amounts would be most likely.