Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

19 minutes ago, paweather said:

WOW talk about OTS!

I'm pretty much convinced, that with the flow we're in it just wasn't meant to be this year.  Yeah, we've had a few events, so most should not be totally bitter, but we've basically had 2 snow events here in the LSV, and I'm just not seeing enough appreciable change to get cranked up.  Yes, EPO going - helps the ridging out west, but the transient nature of how things are moving across the conus, just doesn't let things set up.  Obviously we can eek something out here and there, but we really missed our chance back in Jan when the cold held.  Over they years, some have used the phrase "atmospheric memory" and IMO that has been a consistent theme this year. 

MJO in 3 is not a kiss of death temp wise (as Mag suggested in one of his great disco's), but seemingly keeps SE ridge close enough to play spoiler on any attempt  at a decent longwave pattern from getting established (unless I'm misinterpreting the correlation-let me know if so Mag).  AO staying + and NAO + but trending - beyond first week of march is really getting late in the game (assuming those looks hold).  PNA also looking - as we get into March.  That could be a byproduct of EPO, but with little help in here in eastern NA, I'm cautiously pessimistic that we south of 80'rs may be shot in the arse for something other than backends and bootlegs for our winter crumbs...  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

I'm pretty much convinced, that with the flow we're in it just wasn't meant to be this year.  Yeah, we've had a few events, so most should not be totally bitter, but we've basically had 2 snow events here in the LSV, and I'm just not seeing enough appreciable change to get cranked up.  Yes, EPO going - helps the ridging out west, but the transient nature of how things are moving across the conus, just doesn't let things set up.  Obviously we can eek something out here and there, but we really missed our chance back in Jan when the cold held.  Over they years, some have used the phrase "atmospheric memory" and IMO that has been a consistent theme this year. 

MJO in 3 is not a kiss of death temp wise (as Mag suggested in one of his great disco's), but seemingly keeps SE ridge close enough to play spoiler on any attempt  at a decent longwave pattern from getting established (unless I'm misinterpreting the correlation-let me know if so Mag).  AO staying + and NAO + but trending - beyond first week of march is really getting late in the game (assuming those looks hold).  PNA also looking - as we get into March.  That could be a byproduct of EPO, but with little help in here in eastern NA, I'm cautiously pessimistic that we south of 80'rs may be shot in the arse for something other than backends and bootlegs for our winter crumbs...  

Yeo let's enjoy the ICE storm at the very least.

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

The Coastal would have been great but missed us only to hit Delaware//NJ Heck Rehoboth beach has more snow than us.

and fwiw, I'm hoping to be wrong in the worst way....

I'm headed on my first cruise late next week, so if y'all are looking for a shellackin....3/3-7 is the time for it to happen.  i missed our last snow at home, so it would be fitting to continue that theme as well....  :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I'm headed on my first cruise late next week, so if y'all are looking for a shellackin....3/3-7 is the time for it to happen.  i missed our last snow at home, so it would be fitting to continue that theme as well....  :)

Have Fun!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

You'll have a blast.  If you don't mind me asking, where are you going and which cruise line are you using?

6 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

You'll have a blast.  If you don't mind me asking, where are you going and which cruise line are you using?

Dont mind at all bud.  Royal Caribbean out and back from FL.  I'm not a beach/deep water/ton a sun...and especially sand guy....short of that I'm really looking forward to it :).  Joking aside, we are long overdue for a trip of substance, and YOLO, so....what da heck.  I booked it for my wife for Christmas present.  Going w/ her cousin/spouse.  We always have a great time no matter what we are doing, so I'll roll w/ it.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This is why Training hustled his family into the car when MJS was heading toward them. 

Easy fellas, easy haha.  Not sure how I've managed to paint myself as the resident board stalker but I guess I'll own it.  If it's a stalker you want, it's a stalker you'll get!  I'm coming to all ya'alls stomping grounds and raising cain!

But seriously @pasnownut you'll have a blast.  My first cruise ever way back when I was 17 was with Royal Caribbean.  They do a great job.  There's never a bad time for a cruise.  It may be your first but I doubt it will be your last.  Cheers mate!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

You know...I'm really glad to hear you say this - 

I've felt for the past couple of weeks that we were about done. (LSV specifically) And, for all the reasons that you just mentioned. To me, this whole winter required almost everything to sync up perfectly for us to score a flush hit. And to play those odds would seem to be a harbinger for disappointment. I was reluctant to share how I felt as I didn't want to be "that guy" who got cursed by others...but it's just felt like it's about over for a good while.

Hey, we can get really lucky and end up with something special. Odds certainly don't favor it, but odds didn't favor the US hockey team beating Russia in the 1980 Olympics. That's why the chase lives on, but short of something unforeseen happening, the most likely outcome down this way for the rest of the winter is some scraps. And heading into March - I'll pass on the scraps. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Easy fellas, easy haha.  Not sure how I've managed to paint myself as the resident board stalker but I guess I'll own it.  If it's a stalker you want, it's a stalker you'll get!  I'm coming to all ya'alls stomping grounds and raising cain!

But seriously @pasnownut you'll have a blast.  My first cruise ever way back when I was 17 was with Royal Caribbean.  They do a great job.  There's never a bad time for a cruise.  It may be your first but I doubt it will be your last.  Cheers mate!

Heading on my 14th cruise in August. (Bermuda) As someone who travels a lot, cruising is at the top of my list. Can't wait! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i'm seakin on Da Boat with nut. wonder if he'll pick up the fact i'm jumpin on his tab. Maybe i'll find a hot Hawaiian Tropics chick 

We were informed that its best to get the drink passes, so I'll never know until a manager approaches me about my "consumption problem" :beer:

Hope you find that chica you are looking for as well...otherwise....i'll send pics.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Thanks bud.  We've been told that very statement from those we've discussed w/.  As of today, masks are now optional....one step closer to normal....

I was wondering how we'd look with the mask tan lines...:lmao:

• Like 1