Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

36 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I say that it is akin to a spring storm if not accumulating on the street (or fall).  6" of snow on the grass and car tops, but nothing on the street, is just one step above no snow at all to me. 

I couldn't disagree more.  I only care about the official measured snowfall and prettying up the farm fields and whatnot, but then again I'm a junkie for any type of snow at all so don't mind me ha.

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I should clarify, I think Simmons will play before then. I don't think he'll play in Philly. Seems like an easy game to "rest". 

I would be shocked if they even have him in the building for that game.

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Help pay for next year's investment. It costs a pretty penny to have full season NBA membership.  I wouldn't sell them all, but maybe half? That's what we do during the regular season. We've been to 14 games. There's 12 home games left and we're going to 6 of them. 20 trips to south Philly is plenty during the winter. 

Can I get on your buy list next year?

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I say that it is akin to a spring storm if not accumulating on the street (or fall).  6" of snow on the grass and car tops, but nothing on the street, is just one step above no snow at all to me. 

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I couldn't disagree more.  I only care about the official measured snowfall and prettying up the farm fields and whatnot, but then again I'm a junkie for any type of snow at all so don't mind me ha.

I would be shocked if they even have him in the building for that game.

Exactly why I asked the question - we've talked a lot over the years about when we want it to snow, do we want a lot of smaller snowfalls or one huge storm, during the day or night, etc. But I saw the discussion in the other thread regarding street accumulations and realized that even though I don't think I've ever verbalized it, I do feel strongly that snow is MUCH more impressive to me if it's accumulating on everything. To me, snow on grass but not roads = snow that will be history very quickly. 

Just my feelings. :) 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Exactly why I asked the question - we've talked a lot over the years about when we want it to snow, do we want a lot of smaller snowfalls or one huge storm, during the day or night, etc. But I saw the discussion in the other thread regarding street accumulations and realized that even though I don't think I've ever verbalized it, I do feel strongly that snow is MUCH more impressive to me if it's accumulating on everything. To me, snow on grass but not roads = snow that will be history very quickly. 

Just my feelings. :) 

Forecasting whether snow will accumulate on roads should be part of the overall package of a forecast.  For most people, it is all that matters. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Forecasting whether snow will accumulate on roads should be part of the overall package of a forecast.  For most people, it is all that matters. 

Yep. And both Horst and now Elliott at MU seem to include that during every wintry event. We know that not all snow is the same, but my neighbor in the next office thinks that 2-4" of snow is going to be 2-4" of snow on their street every time. 

• Like 1

Just my feelings.  

No snow on roads means no plows and no piles. How is that a real storm? Definitely agree a snow like the other day didn’t seem legit without roads ‘caving.’

29 minutes ago, anotherman said:

No snow on roads means no plows and no piles. How is that a real storm? Definitely agree a snow like the other day didn’t seem legit without roads ‘caving.’

And that's just the way I like it. That way I don't have to shovel it.

After all, my name's Steve, not Jeb...lol

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hm.  His temps forecast for the weekend is 8-15 higher than current modeled highs (especially Saturday).    Not sure if that is a typo or a bold forecast?   If I had to make a forecast high for MDT on Sat I would go 35 right now.  43 Sunday. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

18Z GFS is a parade of light snow opportunities FWIW.   3-4 in the LSV.  Not anything to get excited about but something to at least look at 0Z. 

The EPO is heading negative later next week and we should have a good cold air feed with an active storm track.

We should have a couple of threats to track for the last few days of February into early March.