Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Heard some rumblings earlier about the first few days of March. Might be the next legit window? 

I have seen different models vacillate back and forth on that last week of Feb/first week of March.  The thing on the 25th...its rain in State College and snow at the M/D line so not exactly a WSW type event.  

Okay - so there's a little ongoing "discussion" our friends to our south are having this afternoon regarding snow accumulating on streets. Some feel that it truly doesn't matter, since snow isn't measured on streets, others are saying it's not the same if it's only accumulating on grassy surfaces. 

If I'm being completely honest - snow isn't the same to me if it isn't "all white" - there's nothing like the first stages of a "real snowstorm" when the roads and sidewalks are already white while the grass is only dusted. I don't really like seeing several inches on the grass if the roads and driveways are just wet. It loses some appeal to me.

What says you, good people? 

Edit: It's not a plowable snowfall unless the plows are actually needed. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just have to hope some of the players are playing by then.  Big Ben and Harden seem to keep getting pushed back "into March".

I have no real expectations regarding Simmons. Once the game is within a few days of happening and his status becomes more clear, you'll see those outlandish prices essentially hold...or plummet. My wag is he doesn't play. 

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Okay - so there's a little ongoing "discussion" our friends to our south are having this afternoon regarding snow accumulating on streets. Some feel that it truly doesn't matter, since snow isn't measured on streets, others are saying it's not the same if it's only accumulating on grassy surfaces. 

If I'm being completely honest - snow isn't the same to me if it isn't "all white" - there's nothing like the first stages of a "real snowstorm" when the roads and sidewalks are already white while the grass is only dusted. I don't really like seeing several inches on the grass if the roads and driveways are just wet. It loses some appeal to me.

Seeing as how I drive for a living, it's better if the roads just stay wet. 

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I have no real expectations regarding Simmons. Once the game is within a few days of happening and his status becomes more clear, you'll see those outlandish prices essentially hold...or plummet. My wag is he doesn't play. 

I hope you have that one wrong as I have been stashing him all year in fantasy.   My assists and rebounds need an influx of Big Ben goodness.  Will have to throw FT percentage out the window. 

39 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I say that it is akin to a spring storm if not accumulating on the street (or fall).  6" of snow on the grass and car tops, but nothing on the street, is just one step above no snow at all to me. 

35 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Why would you sell the playoff tickets?

Help pay for next year's investment. It costs a pretty penny to have full season NBA membership.  I wouldn't sell them all, but maybe half? That's what we do during the regular season. We've been to 14 games. There's 12 home games left and we're going to 6 of them. 20 trips to south Philly is plenty during the winter. 

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I hope you have that one wrong as I have been stashing him all year in fantasy.   My assists and rebounds need an influx of Big Ben goodness.  Will have to throw FT percentage out the window. 

I should clarify, I think Simmons will play before then. I don't think he'll play in Philly. Seems like an easy game to "rest". 

• Like 1