Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Widespread Snow Potential January 16th to January 18th

sferic

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

True for most... Sleet and/or dryslot continue to show up over one of the most infuriating weather locations.

Look on the brightside...6" of i-95 gruel will have some staying power esp given the cold regime forecast for the next week or two. 

11 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

That's a disgusting look for Syracuse northern burbs. Almost looks like one of my trolling attempts at @TugHillMatt.  Its almost as if the model is now trolling me. Sad Days.

If you look closely I’m still in the blue area. :D  We’re almost into now casting time. Looking at all these models is giving me a headache. Beautiful blue skies here, it’s hard to believe 12 hours from now we could be getting heavy snow. Up to 14 degrees. 

• Haha 1

NWS picking up on the mixing with sleet after 1 am which many of the SR models have.. How long it last determines how much snow we see lol

Forecast solid even with sleet mixing in..

Tonight
Snow after 10pm, mixing with sleet after 1am. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to near 17 by 8pm, then rising to around 29 during the remainder of the night. Southeast wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
M.L.King Day
Snow, possibly mixed with sleet, becoming all snow after 8am. Areas of blowing snow after 3pm. High near 31. Northeast wind 6 to 11 mph becoming northwest 13 to 18 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Monday Night
Snow before 1am, then snow showers likely after 1am. Areas of blowing snow. Low around 10. Blustery, with a northwest wind 17 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

7 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah I feel like I’m in a perfect position here in KROC Even the tiniest jog East puts us squarely in the crosshairs.  

Are you concerned with the dryslot and sleet dynamics being so near us to our east? I’d love a little jog to the east. You are probably in the safer part of Monroe county. The rest of us are east siders 

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

I have to LOL that map for obviously reasons..

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Lol.. Yeah it has a big blob of yellow right over matt and SW Oswego at that frame..

32 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

That's a disgusting look for Syracuse northern burbs. Almost looks like one of my trolling attempts at @TugHillMatt.  Its almost as if the model is now trolling me. Sad Days.

I just can't even. It's disgusting. Snow EVERYWHERE around us. I am telling you...the curse is real.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Are you concerned with the dryslot and sleet dynamics being so near us to our east? I’d love a little jog to the east. You are probably in the safer part of Monroe county. The rest of us are east siders 

It’s definitely on my mind but I think we get a 50 mile eastward shift during the final run up the coast. Also im hoping any warm layer is fleeting as it’s wraps into the backside of this. Genny valley is it the battle zone. 

• Like 3