• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    laikakat
    Newest Member
    laikakat
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

Looks like the Syracuse snow shield is holding strong. Ithaca is all white, and Auburn is showing moderately right now. Looks like it's just started in the city. A flake or two here. Overcast is thick, so maybe we can do better with accumulations if it starts here.

25 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Looks like the Syracuse snow shield is holding strong. Ithaca is all white, and Auburn is showing moderately right now. Looks like it's just started in the city. A flake or two here. Overcast is thick, so maybe we can do better with accumulations if it starts here.

I love looking at webcams.  Surprised to see no snow in Syracuse. 

Screenshot_20220309-124633_Windy.jpg

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I love looking at webcams.  Surprised to see no snow in Syracuse. 

Screenshot_20220309-124633_Windy.jpg

Well that's what mid 70s on Sunday will do to you lol The area hasn't had any snow since with the stuff today missing to the south..

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Warmer than here ?

It was in the low 70s

Of course it was. There's a reason I call it Saharasizzlesaharacuse.

It's like the freakin sauna of New York state. 5 to 10 degrees warmer than everyone else (except Dansville), especially when there's a South wind. Don't even get me started on the snow drought...

Nice, solid covering with huge, wet flakes coming down hard and accumulating. Temp is hovering around freezing. The overcast is actually quite low and thick, so solar radiation isn't affecting things too much. It looks like some nicer bands about to move through as well. Might actually make it to an inch or two by this evening.

Congrats to the Southern Tier and Eastern NY crew.

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Nice, solid covering with huge, wet flakes coming down hard and accumulating. Temp is hovering around freezing. The overcast is actually quite low and thick, so solar radiation isn't affecting things too much. It looks like some nicer bands about to move through as well. Might actually make it to an inch or two by this evening.

Congrats to the Southern Tier and Eastern NY crew.

Most surfaces except for pavements are covered now. The temperature on my weather station has dropped to just above freezing and as the sun begins to set insolation is playing less of a role. 

5 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Most surfaces except for pavements are covered now. The temperature on my weather station has dropped to just above freezing and as the sun begins to set insolation is playing less of a role. 

It's interesting how during the winter, the time period of 10 am to 1 pm seems like a more difficult time for snow to accumulate due to solar effects than the 2 to 5 pm timeframe. We think of the "warmest time of day" in the summer as that 2 to 5 timeframe, but in the winter the sun's angle seems to be better for accums. at that time of the day.