• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

Can anyone think of the last synoptic storm where it actually went in our favor with a list minute big shift Southeast and colder? Big...as in rain was expected, and instead there was a snowstorm? In late March 2020, I remember we were supposed to only have like an inch of slop here and we instead had over 6 inches of heavy, wet snow that accumulated during the heat of the day.

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Can anyone think of the last synoptic storm where it actually went in our favor with a list minute big shift Southeast and colder? Big...as in rain was expected, and instead there was a snowstorm? In late March 2020, I remember we were supposed to only have like an inch of slop here and we instead had over 6 inches of heavy, wet snow that accumulated during the heat of the day.

The last storm was kind of like that. But it happened much earlier. But our SE members even got in on it at the end (or was that 2 ago?) 

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

The last storm was kind of like that. But it happened much earlier. But our SE members even got in on it at the end (or was that 2 ago?) 

Yeah, it looked like they weren't going to get much snow but the multiple waves helped them out, with that last wave giving them 3 to 6 inches. We don't have that benefit here. The cold air sector seemed larger (and slower moving?) with that one as well, with a wider area of sleet and freezing rain. These further South and east runs are showing a bit more of that mix area. The latest GFS really gets that mixing close to CNY.

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yeah, it looked like they weren't going to get much snow but the multiple waves helped them out, with that last wave giving them 3 to 6 inches. We don't have that benefit here. The cold air sector seemed larger (and slower moving?) with that one as well, with a wider area of sleet and freezing rain. These further South and east runs are showing a bit more of that mix area. The latest GFS really gets that mixing close to CNY.

We are missing a powerhouse HP. The last one was like 1043 and biased east compared to this one. 
We need to rely on a weaker, flatter LP. The strip of good snow is very narrow with this one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoolMikeWx said:

Guess who's headed to Indian Lake this weekend to snowmobile...

Bless my soul folks and pray that this thing keeps coming south.

I love you all and I have been creeping and working hard emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png20220212_223945.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Can you turn it into a transformer that has ice skates, floating innertubes, and mud wheels on it for a variety of conditions?

• Like 1