• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Love it. Wanted to do something to give back and help people rather than for a corporation . Only 17 bucks an hour but that's plenty.  I turned down a job as a Safety Director at a  Bio Chem Plant for 75 K plus. No more stress jobs for ne. My employer and bosses are the coolest people ever. Just love it.

Hope this the start of an epic run of winter.

At our age we don't need added stress, Glad its working out Steve.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Cool map. Too bad Westerly RI only report 20 inches in 78. I lived there 36 plus. Observer at the Airport went home and couldn't get back for 2 days and measured 20 in a wind blown area. 78 beat any storm

It’s easy to mix up a memory about 15 versus 30 inches. But when You remember massive walls of deep snow, and was a grown adult at the time, you can’t say it was 6 inches when a snowfall report map over your hood backs you up.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Yeah a friend from high school in Essex texted me that they had hail bigger than pea size and it was really loud. I didn't believe him and made him take pictures.

Then 15 minutes later he texted again to say it was pouring rain. Meanwhile... it was still snow in Montauk lol

Some of the areas with rain mix ended up above 3 feet amazing 

14 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Not especially hard to rime snowflakes enough to produce a graupel-like hydrometeor, but there was just so much supercooled water thanks to the convection that more true ice than "Styrofoam" started falling. 

Water condensing as supercooled particles … perhaps turbulence slowing phase change, then suspension in UVM core slows particle motion … Medusas solid, then rimes additional supercooled layers that quickly lock- viola. Stones.  Must have been a sick theta-e conveyor flowing into a very upright elevated frontal slope  with evac fan jet - I bet - over NH

5 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

still need a west shift or get going a little sooner but looks way better

Better ridging out west, Trough was further SW and a deeper s/w rounding the base of the trough, It was close to blowing up sooner, But that may also come with other problems too for some.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

It’s easy to mix up a memory about 15 versus 30 inches. But when You remember massive walls of deep snow, and was a grown adult at the time, you can’t say it was 6 inches when a snowfall report map over your hood backs you up.

Give it up dude. Put down the Bong. If you can't remember a 10 inch sand storm from a 35 inch blizzard maybe you have CTE.   @CT Rain       Ryan knows the exact totals everywhere in the state. He loved that  Boxing Day storm. Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Give it up dude. Put down the Bong. If you can't remember a 10 inch sand storm from a 35 inch blizzard maybe you have CTE.   @CT Rain       Ryan knows the exact totals everywhere in the state. He loved that storm. Lol

That’s not funny. I have aspergers and am a serious risk factor for CTE from spending my youth slamming my head against furniture for hours at a time. I have serious psych symptoms and require amphetamine and risperidone just to act like a normal human being. 

but I have a savant memory for weather and a lifelong hobby of following it. It was not 6 inches. It was well over a foot. The map even says so.

And who smokes pot. I haven’t smoked in years that sends me straight to paranoid psychosis. 

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic