Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New Years Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

25 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Euro still leaving the door open for even more potential.

With the secondary wave and main trough ejection out of the West and another wave diving south from Canada…Better positioning and a more southward diving Canadian wave would allow for further develop a close secondary system and/or keep snows going longer.

ba862acfaf369cab7b95e0b01d41ac05.jpg

Will be interesting to see if any or many of the ensemble members incorporate more of the secondary wave.  It looks like it's so close to being something quite special, so it'd be kind of a shame if it falls just short.  That being said I'll still take a solid weekend event.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Will be interesting to see if any or many of the ensemble members incorporate more of the secondary wave.  It looks like it's so close to being something quite special, so it'd be kind of a shame if it falls just short.  That being said I'll still take a solid weekend event.

This is one of those treat events where things get better and better in the close range. We locked it in, now it's time to build it up.

If somebody replies with some realist bullshit I swear my soul will evaporate instantly

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

Going 4.5 final call

given the model trends this seems conservative even for you. If storm goes as currently progged even losing accumulation to intial warmth back end lake enhancement sure to counter that aspect by a good bit. Unless, your eyeing a shift in track from current model runs. Still a ways to go and plenty can and will change.

6 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Looks like all overnight guidance kept the area within the main snowfall axis, with obviously varying amounts.

Was considering trip to Naperville for holiday party Jan 1st during the day. Do you think guidance has slowed enough to avoid worst of it if leaving late afternoon?