Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

A boring rainstorm. It’s almost like they set these models up in such a way that they suck us in for a storm we had no business tracking, only to pull the rug out.

I tried not to get very interested in this storm so I'd probably be less annoyed than normal if that is the final outcome. I do think its funny that the local news has seemed to hype this potential at a longer range than the MLK storm. I was getting texts from family Monday morning asking about the storm that was coming. Must be because of the icing potential. 

3 minutes ago, dj3 said:

They won't and probably shouldn't considering it is only 1 NAM run and we know it can wildly jump. If the GFS starts caving possibly overnight after the 0z runs. 

Even if it’s several runs, they’ll never take down the watch, they’ll just quietly replace it with an advisory and rejoice in the fact that an advisory was the right call if we get even a trace of zr, since that’s the criteria for an advisory.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Even if it’s several runs, they’ll never take down the watch, they’ll just quietly replace it with an advisory and rejoice in the fact that an advisory was the right call if we get even a trace of zr, since that’s the criteria for an advisory.

Obviously too early to know the final outcome, but let's say this does end up as 33 and rain for the majority of the area. This would be the exact type of storm that gets a bunch of people complaining about how you shouldn't trust the weather on the news lol. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dj3 said:

Obviously too early to know the final outcome, but let's say this does end up as 33 and rain for the majority of the area. This would be the exact type of storm that gets a bunch of people complaining about how you shouldn't trust the weather on the news lol. 

I’d be fine with 33 and rain. I’d be fine with a sleet storm. If it’s between rain and freezing rain please give me rain every time.

6 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I’d be fine with 33 and rain. I’d be fine with a sleet storm. If it’s between rain and freezing rain please give me rain every time.

I’d also be fine with missing out on this storm if there wasn’t still a sour taste from last year when we missed out on a storm in mid-February, not knowing at the time that it was our last chance for any real snowfall, and worrying that this could be that moment.

Wait…. So we have the GFS and Euro came in faster with the cold and would be impactful with sleet and freezing rain but we are burning it all down and killing the rest of FEB over one 18z NAM run!? Lol

Im by no means discounting a slower push of cold and we plain rain, it’s been on the table and honestly the more likely scenario but a bit premature reaction off one run of one cycle. If we see the others go North then yeah it’s game over but it’s still not like we lost 18in of snow in 6 hours.

This seems to always happen with the models lately. They can't come to agreement until the day of. It was weird looking at the 12z GFS and CEM today and seeing that they seem to be 100 miles apart. I'm guessing they will eventually all come together but as always we get sucked into the the best one for us (GFS this time) If it comes down to the rain scenario at 33 mixing and changing to snow let's hope we can score at least 2-4 somewhere in there whether sleet or snow.

(This is why we all criticize NWS for being cautious because it is the best thing to do)

But it never fails that we all get sucked in days before hahaha!:weenie::facepalm:

1 minute ago, Rd9108 said:

Yep GFS caves harder than the Steelers do every year in the playoffs. Very impressive 

Snow is most likely out of the question but we certainly not out of the woods yet as far as ice goes.

Wonderful! Like you said, push that freezing line to Cleveland. I want nothing to do with ice.