• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

Thought it was ironic that one of the members here was saying they will wait until after the Presidents' Day storm 2022 before throwing in the towel on the rest of winter....then the first model run that extends beyond even fantasyland towards the 2nd part of that holiday weekend shows a system moving thru. Track away!  :snowman: ;) :D

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_64.thumb.png.9044cbfddccaf034ef230d1c60a484cb.png

23 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Thought it was ironic that one of the members here was saying they will wait until after the Presidents' Day storm 2022 before throwing in the towel on the rest of winter....then the first model run that extends beyond even fantasyland towards the 2nd part of that holiday weekend shows a system moving thru. Track away!  :snowman: ;) :D

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_64.thumb.png.9044cbfddccaf034ef230d1c60a484cb.png

yep, I said that --Presidents day or bust is my motto. . Thats the usual MO of this type of progressive pattern we are in. I am sure the models will be flopping around on this possible storm event the next few weeks, especially if the AO goes into a real good negative territory at the same time. Coming out of a negative territory at the same time the LP forms makes sense for this time period and increase the chance that we actually might get a plowable snow event in the LV

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Western Chesco getting ZR'd.  I'm sitting at 32.9 and am up to 1.05" of rain for the day so far.

radar31-02042022.png

Yep - steady but not heavy ZR with some sleet mixing in for good measure. Starting to see some ice accretion on trees and shrubs but still ok on most surfaces at least in my area. Temp down to 30.5