Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

6 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

I think I just hit my file size limit. Didn't one of you guys run into this problem a short while ago? What's the fix?

Flizzard just about over here. That was pretty cool and unexpected!

Go to your name in the upper right hand corner,click, then click "my attachments" then start deleting... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

I think I just hit my file size limit. Didn't one of you guys run into this problem a short while ago? What's the fix?

Flizzard just about over here. That was pretty cool and unexpected!

I use an image hosting website, such as imgur.com. Make an account and upload as hidden, then copy the direct image url and paste it into the comment field in amwx.com and it automatically embeds the image.  No file size issues because the files aren't uploaded to amwx.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Looks pretty intense on radar!  It was dark briefly here between noon and 1 pm but at the time the temp was bopping between 39 and 40.  Didn't see any precip. during that time.  It's currently 41 here.

kdix_20220219_1818_BR_0.4.png

It was very impressive. That radar shot was just after it cleared my house in Tamaqua. We got close to an inch in just 10 minutes. it was bad enough to cause a big, multi-vehicle crash on I-81 just north of the Tamaqua/McAdoo exit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Voyager said:

It was very impressive. That radar shot was just after it cleared my house in Tamaqua. We got close to an inch in just 10 minutes. it was bad enough to cause a big, multi-vehicle crash on I-81 just north of the Tamaqua/McAdoo exit.

I was at my sister's house for my niece's bday party in Wyndmoor when it blew through down here between ~2:30 - 3 pm (I live a couple miles SE of her).  My other niece was driving down from N. Jersey and said she got caught in it up there coming down 95 and almost pulled over. There was no accumulation in this area but a definite flizzard nonetheless.   The temps appeared to crash to ~32 or so IMBY (after a high of 43), before recovering to about 36 or so and then went on with a regular diurnal cooling as the colder air trickled in and the sun set. The dp started dropping just before the temp crash and did its own crash during the brief temporary temp recovery.

Currently 23 and clear (saw the big just-past-full-moon rising on the way home) with dp 4.

radar19-02192022.png

flizzard-and-cold-front-passage-02192022.PNG

• Like 1