Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 General Discussion

Hoosier

10 hours ago, Stebo said:

That is too much snow :lol:

I agree Stebo, that’s to much. I feel there’s a point where that much snow would almost become a second job just keeping up with dealing with it like keeping a driveway passable, keeping weight off structures, driving in it and whatever else comes along with that amount of snow. Give me cold and snow mid December to mid March with roughly 100 inches of snow and cold enough air for some ice on inland lakes and I’m happy. 

FWIW the HRRR and 3km NAM both look unimpressed, not developing much of anything.  RGEM/GFS/Euro say otherwise.  Gonna have to see which camp blinks first lol.

Definitely wouldn’t follow any camp that includes the HRRR, that’s for sure, whether it’s shows snow or not.

It has been especially bad in its long range the past several events.

Thunderstorms and heavy rain last night ate away my snowpack, (0.85" in town, and 0.94" at airport) then the winds kicked up after midnight, but not to high wind levels that they forecast. About 40-45 mph at most here. Snowing this morning that looks to be ending right now with about an inch on the ground. Start over I guess. Temps dropped down quickly from the low 40's at around 4 a.m. to upper teens at noon. Now that we've had a Spring break, let the real Dec continue.

Larry Cosgrove was great last season and so far this "winter". His latest... 

What might turn out to be a dominant force for North America is the emergence of a Greenland blocking ridge next week. After some thunderstorm threats the next 72 hours from Texas and Oklahoma into the Ohio Valley and Mid-South, emphasis will shift to the western third of the continent, where a large 500MB vortex will eject a strong shortwave that looks top track close to 40 N Latitude by Christmas Day. Unlike the previous systems this month, this new feature will feature colder air and an extension of snow cover, possible through cities like Chicago IL, Cleveland OH and Boston MA.

• Weenie 1

57 minutes ago, NEOH said:

What might turn out to be a dominant force for North America is the emergence of a Greenland blocking ridge next week. After some thunderstorm threats the next 72 hours from Texas and Oklahoma into the Ohio Valley and Mid-South, emphasis will shift to the western third of the continent, where a large 500MB vortex will eject a strong shortwave that looks top track close to 40 N Latitude by Christmas Day. Unlike the previous systems this month, this new feature will feature colder air and an extension of snow cover, possible through cities like Chicago IL, Cleveland OH and Boston MA.

I like his calm and collected approach.  JB and others are just losing their minds with all the other bullshit that's going on.  Politics is poison these days.  

2 hours ago, NEOH said:

in fact, Larry Cosgrove was pretty awful last winter and spring.  He consistently called for a frigid March and a super torch April and May in the midwest and NE and that turned out horribly

• Like 1