Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Why even bother with sports? 

I DVR the last however many innings of the playoff games and watch early AM. Don’t check phone or anything. Do it’s just like watching it live. That way you ensure a good nights sleep , you aren’t losing sleep from being to excited about the win or irritated with the loss. Same thing with a good or bad set of model runs. You are programmed wrong 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Imagine the angst if the Cowboys were in the SB. "Sorry guys, gotta hit the hay and run at 4:50am. Hope it's a great game!!"

I understand it if you are wired that way....don't argue with the importance of sleep and it makes total sense. I am just a night person...can't sleep early, but I do take naps.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Scott, maybe odds are still against it at this point, but I'm not sure why you are acting as though the notion of a xmas storm is delusional.

It is not.

?? I didn't say that. The evolution on the GFS just is rather bizzare. It's tapping into that storm way offshore. I even commented on something near Christmas when Will and I posted yesterday. I think something could happen, but I wouldn't lock anything yet.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

?? I didn't say that. The evolution on the GFS just is rather bizzare. It's tapping into that storm way offshore. I even commented on something near Christmas when Will and I posted yesterday. I think something could happen, but I wouldn't lock anything yet.

Okay.

Yea, def agree regarding no lock...I guess I got the wrong idea. I saw someone mentioned delusional and assumed they were referencing your sentiment.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Or we’ll need him to gift sne lots of glue so we can vigorously patch any shredded shortwaves. 

That is why the block is key....the flow is no longer progressive and shearing. People often speak of blocking within the context of its impact on track, and rightly so, but its more than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

WWA are up for tomorrow here, 1-3" with a light glaze, I was just looking past this event, I'm leaning 1" or so.

Morning AFD talked 1-3 but P&C for my ZIP has 2-4.  I'll take the under, though would rather be snowily surprised.  Looks like the 3rd frozen to freezing to wet to pop-up temps and wind event this month, each 5 days apart.  5th, 10th, 15th

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I DVR the last however many innings of the playoff games and watch early AM. Don’t check phone or anything. Do it’s just like watching it live. That way you ensure a good nights sleep , you aren’t losing sleep from being to excited about the win or irritated with the loss. Same thing with a good or bad set of model runs. You are programmed wrong 

Programmed "differently" would be less judgmental. :rolleyes:  
Some people are larks and some are owls, with each group working best at their chosen time schedule.

Liking the late month possibilities.  Last 3 Decembers averaged barely over half the month's norm.