• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Cold air delayed but not forgotten, just give me one good LES storm this year and I'm happy. Both EPS/GEFS show a good clipper pattern showing up in January. We 100% take that with warm lakes. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b761131ac67f136f39abe48

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b1a3ecc9df8aed00cb

Not buying it yet. It was supposed to be colder after Xmas and it has been delayed. Call it buyers remorse or just been burned too many times.

• Like 1

Two hours of snow with less than a slushy inch. That's what I called for 5 days ago. What's the point of having models anymore when we know it's going to be the SAME thing every time? 

Snow quickly shut off and doesn't seem to be doing anything now...Which means sleet and rain next. 

Maybe we'll have some forsythia blooming for a yellow Christmas...

26 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Not buying it yet. It was supposed to be colder after Xmas and it has been delayed. Call it buyers remorse or just been burned too many times.

I don't blame you but that typhoon resulted in a delay of MJO going to phase 7 by about a week. That's why were a week behind.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Perhaps the snow will pick up when this dry pocket (shocker) that formed over Onondaga county, goes away. Checking out webcams, it doesn't even look like downtown Syracuse/metro. area even has a coating. That's worse so far than how Buffalo has done! lol.... Atleast we have like 3/4's of an inch here in the NW burbs...haha

17 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I don't blame you but that typhoon resulted in a delay of MJO going to phase 7 by about a week. That's why were a week behind.

From what I’m seeing constructed OLR maps push this into phase 7 this coming week. Gefs OLR look to stall it at border of phase 6/7 or just barely into 7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Took a measurement before this melts.  I tried but only 7/8". Not even a proper inch. Good job to all the NWP that showed 3-6" here pretty consistently. Mix of shite flakes and pingers now 

Do we hope for Lake Ontario to do its normal job of saving us with an inch of snow after the normal synoptic failure?

6 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Do we hope for Lake Ontario to do its normal job of saving us with an inch of snow after the normal synoptic failure?

Maybe. Who knows.  I don't recall a great LES signature on the backside but anything is possible when it comes to scratching out trivial snowfalls here. ;)

7 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

32.4f with heavy rain and sleet.   Crazy to miss a solid event by some decimal dust. 

Probably a quick jaunt up 81 and I could still get to a winter wonderland. In Liverpool it turned at about noon. Can still see the grass - and damn it's still waterlogged. 

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I just can't believe my lowered expectations still weren't low enough! :lol:

This is what winter in much of western Europe is like.  Seasons Beatings are upon us!

Watching my football team now, Borussia Dortmund. Trying their best to also underperform. Looks gray and murky in Berlin.