• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

28 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Good morning, all! Does this count as one of my dustings for the season? :lol: Have a fantastic day and may the winds blow from your house to Delta's...

IMG_20211203_072246360.jpg

Dusting… yeah… I think it’s a little short of what we would call an official “trace”.  Don’t be so picky dude… those dustings will add up eventually!  

• Haha 3

KBUF not liking the lake effect setup this morning.  It’s gonna dry out faster than my wife’s meatloaf… basically verbatim…

There is also a potential for lake effect snows behind the front, but this risk has diminished some since it will dry out rather quickly behind the front. Rapidly dropping temperatures Monday afternoon will change lingering precipitation over to snow by Monday evening, while winds shift from the SW to the NW. Timing of the changeover suggests most accumulating snows would be east of the lakes, mainly across higher terrain where it will benefit from upsloping and cooler temperatures. This is likely to produce at least several inches of snow across these locations, along with gusty winds Monday night.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I just want to see josh allen throw it 100 yards with the wind on monday night. Have stevenson run as fast as possible down the field and just bomb it. :lol:

Yeah but we would have to trust the o line to hold the pocket for at least 4 seconds… that’s been a big ask this year.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Buf hit 53 yesterday, +11 departure for the day. You want to know when the last greater than -11 departure was?

May 28th of this year with a -15. 

In that time we've probably had 50 +10 departure days. I counted and it was 34 days with a +10 departure or greater since May 28th. Insane! 

Winters as we knew them are just dust in the wind

There is also a potential for lake effect snows behind the front,
but this risk has diminished some since it will dry out rather
quickly behind the front. Rapidly dropping temperatures Monday
afternoon will change lingering precipitation over to snow by Monday
evening, while winds shift from the SW to the NW. Timing of the
changeover suggests most accumulating snows would be east of the
lakes, mainly across higher terrain where it will benefit from
upsloping and cooler temperatures. This is likely to produce at
least several inches of snow across these locations, along with
gusty winds Monday night.

20 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:
There is also a potential for lake effect snows behind the front,
but this risk has diminished some since it will dry out rather
quickly behind the front. Rapidly dropping temperatures Monday
afternoon will change lingering precipitation over to snow by Monday
evening, while winds shift from the SW to the NW. Timing of the
changeover suggests most accumulating snows would be east of the
lakes, mainly across higher terrain where it will benefit from
upsloping and cooler temperatures. This is likely to produce at
least several inches of snow across these locations, along with
gusty winds Monday night.

When the NAM shows nothing at end of its run you know its time to bow out on any LES potential. 

• Like 2

Just quickly looked at the 12z GFS it has a bit more of a response behind the front Monday but still short lived, Wednesday is looking more impressive for 3 runs now and could be a gradient storm. It keeps the low in SW PA but has enough warm air over riding the low to keep rain at the PA line and snow north of the southern tier. In the past this setup has led to decent storm totals and if this holds could be our first widespread event

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

As does the GFS, cave to the Euro? 

I see about a 6-8 hour window of decent lake effect parameters, main issue is the high winds so not really high on the event. Thinking few inches max, most likely across boston hills. Probably see some flakes during bills game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I see about a 6-8 hour window of decent lake effect parameters, main issue is the high winds so not really high on the event. Thinking few inches max, most likely across boston hills. Probably see some flakes during bills game. 

Don’t care how much we get but it would be cool to see some heavy snow squalls and 50+ mph winds during the game even if it hinders our offense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Got 4 of us driving down from Toronto/Hamilton after work for the game. Pretty pumped as this will be my first game back since 2019. 

Its always a good reminder how close and connected we are. When I get picked up at the GO Train parking lot in Grimsby with commuters from Toronto, Highmark stadium is 55 mile drive away or 1 hour 8 minutes haha. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Sounds about right.  Short window but lined up about as close as your going to get it to overlap a Bills home game.  Ch2 model was showing that this afternoon.  Had a band setup near the city around 3/4pm and then work it’s way south.  Initially had the band right over the stadium for the 815 kickoff but had it well south by 930.  Even if it just ends up being some lighter snows the winds will make it look nasty down in the bowl.  This is going to be a real tight forecast for the NWS and local mets.

• Like 1

...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH MONDAY
EVENING...

* WHAT...Southwest winds 25 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph
  possible. The strongest winds are expected from mid morning
  through late afternoon.

* WHERE...Niagara, Orleans, Erie, and Genesee counties.

* WHEN...From Monday morning through Monday evening.

* IMPACTS...Damaging winds could blow down trees and power
  lines. Widespread power outages are possible. Travel could be
  difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
  • Like 1