Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Ah yes... classic April.

There's still a monster signal for the 10th through the 15th of the month ...but the race is on.   Does celestial mechanics ( ...the Earth going around the sun and shit...) save us by insolation ( sun's radiation ) destroying the atmospheric signal by thermal washing??

I say it will...

Here's why - because everyone asked of course...

One thing I am noticing in looking up 1987 and 1977 and 1996 ..and 1997 ... 1982, 1984 ...etc...is that these were "timing" created, almost all of them.  Feature had to time right, synoptic in scale, to get them to happen.   That by nature of critical window ...cannot really be resolved by even present day state-of-the-art in numerical guidance technology.  Such that D12 signal that requires lower tolerance timing of major players, cannot be accurately modeled  - not without a lot of luck!

The cold plume has to sever from mid riff Canadian latitudes and get ingested into the 850-700 mb layer framework in most cases, in a critical 12 hour lead into those bigger spring events of lore, and if it is outside that 12 hours they lose that cold edge... 

Anyway, I think we have a big signal for what everyone wants, 'a massive 12" blue bomb snow,'  ... which is a certainly a good canvas, but that secondary need to better timing is a blind dicier roll as to whether it will be occur or not.  It's interesting...  You need both -

But the problem is that out of all probabilities, the one with the certitude is that the sun is getting stronger and the thermal scrubbing of the atmosphere IS happening...and it gets more so in time.  SO, until such time as any perfectly timed severed cold plume can get entangled into a system comes into short range as a real offset potential... gotta go ahead and assume this is apropos for how this season has gone anyway:  great signal, that is equally greatly lost.

9 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I think his 8 seconds is the walk from home to the car. We bought my mother one one year.

Oh maybe lol...?  I was thinking he started it before he takes a shower, and then it’s off by the time he gets out to the vehicle.  But maybe I was wrong? Lol.  

Ya they’re great to have. Have had one in my trucks since 07...once you have it, you’ll never go without it. Just got one for my girlfriends lil Honda Civic, cuz she bought it used a few years ago, and it didn’t have one in it...she loves it. 

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Oh maybe lol...?  I was thinking he started it before he takes a shower, and then it’s off by the time he gets out to the vehicle.  But maybe I was wrong? Lol.  

Ya they’re great to have. Have had one in my trucks since 07...once you have it, you’ll never go without it. Just got one for my girlfriends lil Honda Civic, cuz she bought it used a few years ago, and it didn’t have one in it...she loves it. 

Wife loves having one in the Forester.  I wouldn't dream of putting one in the 10-y/o Ranger, but then I don't mind being cold if I know warm is nearby (in distance or time.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Wife loves having one in the Forester.  I wouldn't dream of putting one in the 10-y/o Ranger, but then I don't mind being cold if I know warm is nearly (in distance or time.)

Both our cars have factory auto start.  With us not having a garage it makes scraping ice and crud much easier.  My wife's car has heated seats that come on with the auto start too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

yeah I start it just before heading into the shower. for the most part the car is still running when I get into it. I think it shuts off after like 20-minutes. 

21 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We literally have almost nothing budding or greening up out here.  <_<

I'm in a microclimate where I just don't radiate really. I'm usually several days ahead of folks even south of here. I'll take that in the Spring. I feel like where I am is like a greenhouse lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol ironically it’s cloudy here in interior CT..been that way since dawn. Cloudy and cold, 32 degrees..it sucks! 

These airmasses piss me off when we can't take advantage of it. Sometimes as they lift out, LP moves in and you can have a good antecedent setup. Not this time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Both our cars have factory auto start.  With us not having a garage it makes scraping ice and crud much easier.  My wife's car has heated seats that come on with the auto start too.

Yup..my truck does that with the seats and the steering wheel..that’s so nice. Love that feature. And in the summer..the cooled seats come on when auto started.. that’s really nice too. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Yup..my truck does that with the seats and the steering wheel..that’s so nice. Love that feature. And in the summer..the cooled seats come on when auto started.. that’s really nice too. 

Vents at bottom of the seat pointed at crotch?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

These airmasses piss me off when we can't take advantage of it. Sometimes as they lift out, LP moves in and you can have a good antecedent setup. Not this time. 

Absolutely agree! There’s nothing about this that is useful or appealing.  The worst April has to offer...and April ain’t no prize to begin with.