Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter 2021

George BM

35 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

His only points of the game... but I guess I’m not complaining.

Usually when we go down by ten early we lose given our offense. I’m pretty proud of that win, tbh.

Syracuse has been scorching hot as well, winning 6 out of the last 8,  so they were not the typical 8 seed in the ACC tourney. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I've been working with the public since March.  I was considered essential but even if I wasn't I would have worked regardless because if i don't work i don't get paid . So I've been following safety guidelines and doing what I have to do to pay bills and live .  Honestly ...I'm not going to get the shot mainly because I'm in my 40s and not at any elevated risk so why take a shot from a over 65 person who needs it or wants it . There's still shortages going on. 

I believe  Frederick County schools secured a batch just for their teachers.  Unsure of all the details.  So there have been some deviations from the base high level rules. 

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I've been working with the public since March.  I was considered essential but even if I wasn't I would have worked regardless because if i don't work i don't get paid . So I've been following safety guidelines and doing what I have to do to pay bills and live .  Honestly ...I'm not going to get the shot mainly because I'm in my 40s and not at any elevated risk so why take a shot from a over 65 person who needs it or wants it . There's still shortages going on. 

I teach professional mariners who travel from all parts of the country. They test before they launch on their journey( kinda useless) and then we are all together in a classroom for 6 hours a day. We follow all the protocols- mask up etc, and no issues so far. I probably could get myself bumped up, but I will wait my turn. I am healthy/no underlying conditions. The way things are looking, it will probably be another month or so. I would rather get the J&J single shot anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My only comment on the discussion I missed is that it’s kind of funny that the Os attendance kind of started the whole thing and they only get 5k fans a night in April and May. That’s a little more than 10% capacity.

Enjoying a Georgia Ave Peach Sour in the sun.

The Os are a a little tough. Not the hill to die on for making that case lmao.

Not a sour fan but that sounds good. I mostly don't like them because I am a high gravity man :drunk:

9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My only comment on the discussion I missed is that it’s kind of funny that the Os attendance kind of started the whole thing and they only get 5k fans a night in April and May. That’s a little more than 10% capacity.

Enjoying a Georgia Ave Peach Sour in the sun.

Isn't that a normal night at Camden yards though? Lol :lol:

Edit - want to AD I'm a huge O 's fan.

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Since no one responded to my over-under 60 question. I will take the under. Pitching is where its at in MLB, and I just don't see it with the Os. 54 wins.

I’ll take the over. Hard to be that bad, even for the O’s.

7 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Isn't that a normal night at Camden yards though? Lol :lol:

Edit - want to AD I'm a huge O 's fan.

Dude... Nothing compared to Cleveland Indians games back in the late '70s and '80s! I attended a number of games and the crowd was definitely sparse! Socially distanced before it was a thing hahaha! And it seemed even emptier at the old Municipal Stadium (where they used to play) with its capacity of 81,000. Friend of mine and I would get the cheap general admission seats and halfway through the game could move up into the good seats. Ushers didn't really care, unless you tried to sneak into a box seat! 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Shortages are coming to an end very quickly.  National supply has been outrunning distributions by a decent amount for 2+ weeks and that supply is only going to keep growing.  ~3M/day vaccine supply vs. 2.1-2.2M/day administered.  I understand your feeling if you personally feel at low risk for COVID complications, but I hope you do get vaccinated when it's open to the general population at latest!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Shortages are coming to an end very quickly.  National supply has been outrunning distributions by a decent amount for 2+ weeks and that supply is only going to keep growing.  ~3M/day vaccine supply vs. 2.1-2.2M/day administered.  I understand your feeling if you personally feel at low risk for COVID complications, but I hope you do get vaccinated when it's open to the general population at latest!

There is literally no reason to not get vaccinated when it is available to you. Everyone wants to get back to normal- well, this is the way to do it. Don't complain if you aren't willing to get a simple shot in the arm that can end this fuucking thing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yeah, 65 was the number in my mind.  They're probably going to be pretty bad, but hopefully there are some good signs from young players.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

There is literally no reason to not get vaccinated when it is available to you. Everyone wants to get back to normal- well, this it the way to do it. Don't complain if you aren't willing to get a simple shot in the arm that can end this ****king thing. 

Herd immunity is the way out of this.  And the end is in sight.  People need to get vaccinated.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

There is literally no reason to not get vaccinated when it is available to you. Everyone wants to get back to normal- well, this is the way to do it. Don't complain if you aren't willing to get a simple shot in the arm that can end this fuucking thing. 

There are a LOT of people who might not want to risk vaccination.  There are literally hundreds of reasons to not get the shot.  No one with a life long medical issue looks at it like you do.   Many people are told to not get vaccinated by their doctors.  People with auto immune diseases such as MS. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

There are a LOT of people who might not want to risk vaccination.  There are literally hundreds of reasons to not get the shot.  No one with a life long medical issue looks at it like you do.   Many people are told to not get vaccinated by their doctors.  People with auto immune diseases such as MS. 

There are very few reasons not to get it. Other than misinformation. FFS.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

There are a LOT of people who might not want to risk vaccination.  There are literally hundreds of reasons to not get the shot.  No one with a life long medical issue looks at it like you do. 

Not to rude but I just want to know what are those reasons not to get the vaccine, I understand that there are some (very rare) side effects but it still seems worth it to get the vaccine when it is available? It would also be nice that you could link to your sources if you do decide to respond. 

Just now, SnowenOutThere said:

Not to rude but I just want to know what are those reasons not to get the vaccine, I understand that there are some (very rare) side effects but it still seems worth it to get the vaccine when it is available? It would also be nice that you could link to your sources if you do decide to respond. 

You know this is going to go nowhere lol. He has no facts. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic