• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/6/-2/7 Snow Threat

wncsnow

HRRR like a dead match with the Euro on the split precip field. Front end thump is okay but then it's a massive dry slot. January nightmare all over again... C4855840-9D5F-4155-A502-9B15E5DB15C2.thumb.png.38c52ded3308973c3910d23c1d028875.pngSo weird with all other modeling trending NW and amped. Guess we'll see if other modeling takes steps this direction at 18z and 0z.

4 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

HRRR like a dead match with the Euro on the split precip field. Front end thump is okay but then it's a massive dry slot. January nightmare all over again... C4855840-9D5F-4155-A502-9B15E5DB15C2.thumb.png.38c52ded3308973c3910d23c1d028875.pngSo weird with all other modeling trending NW and amped. Guess we'll see if other modeling takes steps this direction at 18z and 0z.

That energy in TN seems to be ramping up more and more each run, I think that has cause it to slow down some and separate from the front end thump. 

9 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Edit: And even worse for some areas. No way changes this big don't have an impact. Same story aloft much warmer.7ED857D8-F983-4873-8277-3974AF948283.thumb.png.9f7c2aabeda71ac140083085ba18ab0e.png

Wow!  14 degrees warmer in Hickory?  Ese es mucho no bueno.

This has been the coldest winter in a long time (it seems), and yet nothing much to show for it in the winter precipitation area.

2 hours ago, burrel2 said:

I agree, all I worry about is Getting the heavy rates to overcome the boundary layer. If we get the rates we will get 3-6 inches. If it’s spotty and lighter than models show we will get no accumulation. The boundary layer was thicker last season and I managed 3 inches thanks to 3 hours of steady heavy rates.  

Well im almost ready to buy in! Def have been great for getting the higher rates and more precip than whats been modeled for the last couple of months here. I think that will benefit us in NW SC for once. Early onset with precip and a quick xhange over looks very likely to me.

2 minutes ago, oconeexman said:

Well im almost ready to buy in! Def have been great for getting the higher rates and more precip than whats been modeled for the last couple of months here. I think that will benefit us in NW SC for once. Early onset with precip and a quick xhange over looks very likely to me.

Well apparently the latest run did not look great, so hopefully a glitch lol. Winter storm watches expanded a bit into ne ga and the upstate 

• Like 1