Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/6/-2/7 Snow Threat

wncsnow

Just now, Iceagewhereartthou said:

My biggest concern about this one is the time of day. We need it come in at night but this is the worst time of day. I know we can get accums in the daytime but its much harder. Add that to warm surface temps and it will be hard to get much. I am clouded over now and temp is 43, way too warm.

Yea, even 100-150 to your North up 85 I’m hoping we get cloud cover Tomm and don’t shoot up to mid 50s like last week

2 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Significant improvement from 18z in my book. Really need the NAM to look better to feel comfortable with it though.

I really feel like a lot of folks are putting way too much weight on the Nam runs. Go with the general consensus of globals and blend the short range models. The storm is not cutting to Cincinnati snd the SREF’s are out of date these days. I’m equally as excited for the 00z runs but logics and sound reasoning always win. Not calling you out by any means but just in general highlighting using models but also using physics and general knowledge of our areas is the key! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

My biggest concern about this one is the time of day. We need it come in at night but this is the worst time of day. I know we can get accums in the daytime but its much harder. Add that to warm surface temps and it will be hard to get much. I am clouded over now and temp is 43, way too warm.

It’s not coming in during the day. Heavy rates look to be here by 5:30-6:00pm at the earliest. Solar radiation is pretty much gone by then. Models show clearing skies later tonight. Just have to hope clouds roll in tomorrow morning at the perfect time.