Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Quick Hitter Coastal Threat, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Congrats on a 15" snowpack after this. Terrible, I know.

Its the people who miss out on something important to them that matters, not the damn snow. Emotionally, I could care less about the forecast fail or the amount of snow on the ground. Its fun when it works out and just fine when it doesn't. But like elections, forecasts have consequences. Not blaming anyone (God, mets, luck, whatever). BTW, drive on up and take a ride around beautiful Worcester County next week. We should still have plenty left on the ground if you don't.

4 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Its the people who miss out on something important to them that matters, not the damn snow. Emotionally, I could care less about the forecast fail or the amount of snow on the ground. Its fun when it works out and just fine when it doesn't. But like elections, forecasts have consequences. Not blaming anyone (God, mets, luck, whatever). BTW, drive on up and take a ride around beautiful Worcester County next week. We should still have plenty left on the ground if you don't.

image.jpeg.92a1a7d5767dbf8c966bb1bac2a5ab37.jpeg

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Still hoping for 4-6, but I feel like QPF wasted to cool a bit. Maybe down by TAN they'll get it good.

Tblizz whining his way to 6-8”? 

The thing to watch is to see if perhaps the shortwave doesn’t decay quite as quick as model guidance shows...and we end up with some huge bands getting into the southeast half of SNE like the NAM showed. I think the odds are definitely against that but it can’t be ruled out. There’s going to be some pretty potent bands that are tantalizingly close and it not impossible they inch a little further NW. 

I haven’t really seen any notable trend on the HRRR other than the 09z run was really paltry, 10z came back to look kind of like most models and 11z didn’t move much from 10z though it looked a little better inland. I’ve been waiting to see if it makes a move....same with RAP. RAP looks a lot better than HRRR but haven’t seen it move much in the last few hours. One of them will be wrong.