Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,895
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Classbravo
    Newest Member
    Classbravo
    Joined

Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, anotherman said:

PSUHoffman talking dirty:

Anyone ever wondered what would happen if we got the western N American pattern of 1994 but with a -NAO.  We might be about to find out. 

I know JB has been musing on some of his posts lately about this current Feb pattern looking like Feb '94, which was a gradient pattern not all that dissimilar to what we're looking at right now. Feb '94 ( as well as Jan during the major arctic air intrusions)  was a neutral at best but generally positive NAO/AO. I'd imagine his angle in having this similar gradient pattern with the established -NAO in place is that the waves running the gradient would target the DC region/Mid Atlantic more favorably than 1994 did. 93/94 was either the snowiest or 2nd snowiest on record in places like UNV/IPT/MDT but a lot of those events (esp in Feb) were primarily ice down there and also in the southern LSV too. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, paweather said:

Cheers:

D20A2095-D336-4166-9AA5-DB94C22B9912.png

You need to subtract out whatever it's showing for tomorrow's event.  I haven't looked at 18Z yet but 12Z gave MDT between 2 and 3".  So that still leaves a foot for Thursday's storm!  We appear to be smack dab in the center of the heaviest, which is encouraging.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should be seeing snow start here within the next hour or two by looks of the radar. Hoping that this precip swath finds it's way a tad south of where the 0z short range guidance like the NAM takes it. Could be a fluff bomb for whoever gets the best rates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

Should be seeing snow start here within the next hour or two by looks of the radar. Hoping that this precip swath finds it's way a tad south of where the 0z short range guidance like the NAM takes it. Could be a fluff bomb for whoever gets the best rates. 

Nice start out here. Ramped up fairly quickly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

Should be seeing snow start here within the next hour or two by looks of the radar. Hoping that this precip swath finds it's way a tad south of where the 0z short range guidance like the NAM takes it. Could be a fluff bomb for whoever gets the best rates. 

Looking at the radar back into Ohio, do you think this has a chance tonight to produce an inch or 2 down towards the turnpike even towards the LSV? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Looking at the radar back into Ohio, do you think this has a chance tonight to produce an inch or 2 down towards the turnpike even towards the LSV? 

Hard to say yet. Comparing where this seems to be setting up in western PA on radar vs what the 0z 3k and 12k NAM have.. it does appear it's coming in lower. So we'll see how that translates across the state. Some of this might get as low as the turnpike in the Sus Valley but the best probably still goes north of MDT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Hard to say yet. Comparing where this seems to be setting up in western PA on radar vs what the 0z 3k and 12k NAM have.. it does appear it's coming in lower. So we'll see how that translates across the state. Some of this might get as low as the turnpike in the Sus Valley but the best probably still goes north of MDT. 

Thanks, I’m just hoping to scrape out an inch or so to get the party started this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...