• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Synoptic Snowstorm 2/1-2/4

7 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

This band is gonna go through Syracuse at the worst time!!   There will be big time Problems on the road.

Indeed it will. It’s really picking up now and the 2-3 hours it will be ripping will catch people off guard since it was doing nothing for so long. The casuals were probably laughing at the forecast when they woke up. If only they understood subsidence (sighs). 

Interesting range in Delaware County.  The eastern part seems to have been hit hard (12-15”+ and counting), but the western part (my house) has been in on/off light snow for the entire event (24+hrs) totaling around 6-8”.  Thankfully we had a good snowpack to start, so it’s not a complete crusher but still disappointing.  I have to admit that many of the models showed this spread across the county but I was suspicious because it’s pretty rare.  Eastern areas usually get and inch or two more than us, but rarely this big of a difference.  Even when we were under decent radar returns it just wasn’t snowing hard.  I’m going to have to look into subsidence.  

I hope the Syracuse folks can get under a good heavy snow for a few hours to restore some sanity for them. THMatt may be lost already (for good reason....who moves to TH and gets skunked?!?!), but maybe this can save a few of the others! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, winter_rules said:

Interesting range in Delaware County.  The eastern part seems to have been hit hard (12-15”+ and counting), but the western part (my house) has been in on/off light snow for the entire event (24+hrs) totaling around 6-8”.  Thankfully we had a good snowpack to start, so it’s not a complete crusher but still disappointing.  I have to admit that many of the models showed this spread across the county but I was suspicious because it’s pretty rare.  Eastern areas usually get and inch or two more than us, but rarely this big of a difference.  Even when we were under decent radar returns it just wasn’t snowing hard.  I’m going to have to look into subsidence.  

I hope the Syracuse folks can get under a good heavy snow for a few hours to restore some sanity for them. THMatt may be lost already (for good reason....who moves to TH and gets skunked?!?!), but maybe this can save a few of the others! 

Yeah the models were hitting the upsloping along the eastern hills of the catskills almost every run it seems while also downsloping western parts of the county. 

8 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I’m beginning to wonder about the westward extension of that band over central NY. I think the west of there might bust low.

Itll probably weaken for sure but hopefully that gets off set by some lake enhancement for the south shore and northern finger lakes region. Haven't checked the models in a while though. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Yeah the models were hitting the upsloping along the eastern hills of the catskills almost every run it seems while also downsloping eastern parts of the county. 

I agree with you.  I just didn’t (want to) believe it because I can’t think of one time where it has been anywhere near this pronounced....at least since 1999 when my brother (FlyingMXZ) moved out near Delhi/Stamford.  Watching the radar seemed “normal” for a nor’easter. 

With that said, it’s been snowing hard for a few hours this morning.  Hopefully it keeps up for a few more hours to get us up around 12”!

19 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

About 10" here and getting some light to mod snow again. Looks like we might be good for another 1-3" here today possibly.

88529386_WUNIDS_map(17).gif.304eace311efa982ce458fea58f31f1b.gif

What radar is this?  I have given up trying to use the new NWS radar and need a new one.  I don’t understand how NWS could put out such a horrible product. Maybe it’s just cheaper than other options?

4 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

What radar is this?  I have given up trying to use the new NWS radar and need a new one.  I don’t understand how NWS could put out such a horrible product. Maybe it’s just cheaper than other options?

Yeah the updated NWS radar app sucks bad. Idk who developed that but everyone that mentions it gives it 0 stars and I agree. 

Here the radar link...https://www.wunderground.com/radar/us/ny/binghamton/bgm

• Thanks 1