• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sereinwriter
    Newest Member
    sereinwriter

February Banter 2021

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m an expert sourdough taster. Let me know when you need me there!

Any time!

I'll be working on pies next . . .

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Should I be concerned the globe is pulsing?

Let me have a few more beers and I’ll let you know

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Cheers to happy hour(s). Support Ten Eyck Brewing from Queenstown, MD. Just saying. :drunk:

91965FAE-2D29-42F9-98A6-BC218658C82B.jpeg

Lol. I’ve got a 4-pack of that. Well, now it’s a 3 pack.

By the way, I like that Ten Eyck uses cardboard 4 pack holders instead of the normal plastic. Ideally, everyone should return their plastic four pack holders to the brewery like the customers do up at @jonjon’s brewery in Davis.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Damn...Dr. Seuss,  Mr Potato Head, and the Muppets are now offensive.  Is this really happening.  This must be a joke :axe:

Is this actual news? Practically anything you can name is probably offensive to someone. 

I have always found Barney and the Teletubbies to be very disturbing. That shit should be banned.

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Damn...Dr. Seuss,  Mr Potato Head, and the Muppets are now offensive.  Is this really happening.  This must be a joke :axe:

Welcome to the country where the looniest voices are the loudest.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Should I be concerned the globe is pulsing?

No but you should be if it starts throbbing 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

Is this actual news? Practically anything you can name is probably offensive to someone. 

I have always found Barney and the Teletubbies to be very disturbing. That shit should be banned.

I know Barney but what are telechubbies?

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

Not sure what's going on with Dr. Seuss but Hasbro got into a PR pickle by saying the Mr. Potato Head brand is going to be renamed as Potato Head and after public outcry had to clarify that Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head will still have those names but it is the brand name that is going to change from Mr. Potato Head to Potato Head.  As for The Muppet Show, if you watch it on Disney+ you'll see a disclaimer that it contains content that may be offensive, in particular relating to racial and cultural stereotypes.

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I know Barney but what are telechubbies?

You can live a happy and contented life without knowing what they are.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

33 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

Not sure what's going on with Dr. Seuss but Hasbro got into a PR pickle by saying the Mr. Potato Head brand is going to be renamed as Potato Head and after public outcry had to clarify that Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head will still have those names but it is the brand name that is going to change from Mr. Potato Head to Potato Head.  As for The Muppet Show, if you watch it on Disney+ you'll see a disclaimer that it contains content that may be offensive, in particular relating to racial and cultural stereotypes.

You can live a happy and contented life without knowing what they are.

Yeah, I checked out some of this and turns out to be a whole lotta pointless outrage by some people over a whole lotta nothing, as I expected.  Yeesh!

As for the Barney and Teletubbies...agree!  Though let's be honest, it is nice when we get "Barney'd" ("purpled") with snow!!

Lol. Blame losetoa6. He asked what they were. Couldn’t pass up the chance to horrify the board.

could be worse.....we’re not talking caillou.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

That image belongs in the dustbin of shame along with that weiner/spaghettio image!! :lol:

ETA:  Wasn't "Teletubbies" originally a British TV show for children?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Whoa.....They're a bit scary and weird as eff. 

Did they eat the Wiggles ? Lol.

I won’t put it here but look up the “sun” for that show. Talk about creepy and annoying. Though I’ve heard that show was a hit for calming toddlers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Personally, most of what I know about Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends came from toddlers bringing me some education on the subject.

"No, that's Henry!"

1 hour ago, snowfan said:

Lol. Blame losetoa6. He asked what they were. Couldn’t pass up the chance to horrify the board.

could be worse.....we’re not talking caillou.

Fck that whiney ass child, so glad he was finally canceled. Seriously, the worst tv show of my kid’s toddler years. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

Fck that whiney ass child, so glad he was finally canceled. Seriously, the worst tv show of my kid’s toddler years. 

Agreed. I banned that show when mine were that young that show was insufferable 

12 minutes ago, CatoctinRN said:

Agreed. I banned that show when mine were that young that show was insufferable 

He was so god damn terrible. Like, it legit makes my blood boil that someone in Canada thought that was a good pitch idea to give a green light too and that it was a popular show. I have not met a single parent who actually liked the show. The worst. 

11 minutes ago, mappy said:

He was so god damn terrible. Like, it legit makes my blood boil that someone in Canada thought that was a good pitch idea to give a green light too and that it was a popular show. I have not met a single parent who actually liked the show. The worst. 

Growing’ up is not so tough, CEPT when I’ve had enough! There’s lots of fun stuff, I’m Caillou

CAILLOU

CAILLOU

• Haha 2